Photo

Air transat wedding package

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 kevnanna

kevnanna
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

I agree, since when does the tour operator do weddings??

We're most likely going with the Barcelo Palace, or possibly the BGP, I never knew that Transat would do the actual wedding stuff!

#12 kileelaine

kileelaine
    • 39 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

We booked the Transat wedding option with The Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach. The wedding ceremony package was just too good to pass up. I guess its how they entice you to book with them over other tour operators. Essentially we get a wedding package that is similar if we booked through the resort, but at a way cheaper price! For example,same restaurant options, flowers, decoration set-up etc. The resort planner has been really great too! We are getting married May 2011. The only thing extra we have to worry about is booking a photographer, since the one provided by the resort looks pretty cheesy. (Still the same photographer if you pay full price through the resort)

#13 mandimce

mandimce
      • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

Hi Melina

When are you getting married?  We are headed down on the 8th of march to get married on the 10th

Amanda

#14 mandimce

mandimce
        • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

Hi

My travel agent showed me pictures taken by the photographer on the resort and they actually were quite good..

#15 kileelaine

kileelaine
          • 39 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:52 AM

Thats good to know! These isn't a whole lot of information on the Transat packages. Are you getting married at the Grand Sirenis, or did you pick one of the other resorts?

#16 scarlet

scarlet
            • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hi there

I'm replying from a thread from a while back so I don't even know if you will read this, but if you do here goes:

My daughter is getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar in April. We have just started booking, and we are going with Transat Holidays.

We were given a "booklet " of choices for wedding packages but there is no mention of the free wedding that is clearly in the Transat book.

Very confusing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance if you have any info that can help us sort it all out!

#17 corbeil

corbeil
              • 190 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

Maybe the free wedding you saw in the book was offered by the hotel. Sometimes they offer them if you have a certain number of people booked. I booked an Air Transat wedding package, not with the hotel.

#18 kileelaine

kileelaine
                • 39 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

I hope all you other brides have been having a better experience with Air Transat than I have. I have been having problem after problem, and can never speak so anyone. Now I just found out that they changed our flight time, so we don't leave our resort until 10:00pm. We still have to check out by 10:00am so we have to sit around the resort with no room, and no access to the amenities (because we will no longer be guests after check out) for 12 hours!! Also, since we don't get back into Vancouver until 3:00am Monday, all my guests are scrambling and trying to get an additional day off from work! I don't think I can even get the day off work, so that means I have to sit around a resort for 12 hours, then take a 6 hour flight, then have an hour before I have to be at work. What a joke!!!!! Transat's response? Meh, Theres nothing you can do.

#19 janette34

janette34
                  • 417 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

kileelaine,

Don't panic, after you check out of your room you are still a guest of the resort until you actually get on the bus for the airport.  You can eat, drink, etc right up to departure time.  The Grand Sirenis has a very nice locker room type set up with showers for you to freshen up before leaving.  Also the bell boys will take your luggage and keep it locked up until you are ready to go.

#20 futuremissus

futuremissus
                    • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:10 AM

Hi your comments are VERY helpful thinks! I am gettong married at one of these too, because I like the wedding packages they offer. I was leaning towards turquesa, how is the beach there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users