Videographer Advice Please!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MDLady

• 433 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

We definitely want a videographer and are considering quotes. What are you asking your videographer to record??

- obviously ceremony
    - dinner??
    - dancing!!!
    - toasts
    - personal messages from guests.

Are you having your videographer stay until the very end? I got a quote that is not too expensive so I'm considering keeping him for the whole 5 hours but he for some reason suggested just 2 hours which would just include ceremony and dinner. From my experience, the dancing/toasts come later than 2 hours into the wedding. What do you ladies think

#2 Oryx

• 727 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

I think I'm going to just get a short video with the getting ready pictures and ceremony. If you got a good quote for the whole reception, I say go for it!

#3 DWbridetobe

• 914 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

If the price is right for the entire night, like Oryx said.. go for it! Also, think about the photography coverage you're going to have. If the photographer can't capture a certain point in your wedding day, I'd make sure that the videographer will, and vice versa. You never know what you'll want to look back at in 2 or 10 years!

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

I only got a video of the ceremony as it was all I could afford, but it is my fav thing! I love it.

I do wish that I had the speaches on video as well.

#5 MDLady

• 433 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

I definitely want the speeches on film. And the dancing! So I think I will get the whole night package. What's a few more hundred dollars when it's already thousands? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users