My DIY madness has begun

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 DWbridetobe

• 914 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:06 AM

I've started working on a TON of DIY projects. I finished two of them tonight. I'm so happy to finally have something finished that I can show off, that I could dance. (Ok, so I did do a little happy dance earlier!)

Pashminas: I have completed 6 of these. Since I don't have an approximate guest count, I'm just purchasing them as the RSVP's come in. I have 6 confirmed female guests thus far, so those are done.

Click the image to open in full size.

I used the template from the Pashmina Template thread and just removed the outside border(s). It made it easier so that if my 2" hole punch wasn't exactly centered, it didn't look too bad. Then I punched pieces of scrapbooking paper as well, and glue dotted them on the back, so that there's a pretty design if the tags get flipped over.

The pashminas themselves are all different colors. I have some finicky guests, so this way if someone doesn't like their color, they can swap. I've already had comments about my color combo, so this was me playing it safe!

Tears of Joy packets: I'm creating 20 of these, since they're so simple. Once I created the design/saying and put our logo on it, it was just running the envelopes (from my local Michael's) through the printer, and putting the tissues inside. For some reason, in these pictures, the color looks pink, but it's actually purple. It must be because of my crappy camera on my BB. (Ignore the blacked out portions. FI thought he was being all savvy by blacking out the names and info on them.. he didn't realize all that info is already on here!)

Girls, let me know what you think!

#2 sorord1

• 240 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:19 AM

It looks good to me. I admire you guys creativity with your DIY projects. I dont have a creative bone in me.

#3 katrinkit35

• 101 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

Your tags look great, and I love your monogram!

#4 Angel-in-Law

• 250 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

Cute! Good job! That's a great idea to create your DIY projects as your guests book their trip - that way you don't get slammed with everything at the end.

#5 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

they look great...you guys are doing an awesome job!

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#6 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:10 AM

They look great..that pashmina tag looks real familiar I love it lol
              Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#7 miznunu2010

• 248 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:54 AM

Looks great, how did you get the info on the envelope. I did not think you could print on them with a regular printer. What are the settings you use?

#8 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

great job!! I honestly don't know what i'm waiting for, but I need to get a move on it quick!!!

#9 KelZavs20

• 301 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

Good job!!! i love (and may have to borrow) the poem on your tears of joy!

#10 CND_Redhead

• 184 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

I love the tears of joy packets! I should really get started on that stuff too!
                      Thanks for sharing

Bride & Groom + 38 BOOKED!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users