Beaches Boscobel Brides - post your info and attachments here

OMG Thank you so much! You're on a roll!

I wonder whether they were taken by the SGO photogs though... Hmmmm... :) I'm strongly considering bringing my own as a guest. FI's best friend takes pretty good shots, I'm considering using him.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrieBride08 View Post
OMG Thank you so much! You're on a roll!
I wonder whether they were taken by the SGO photogs though... Hmmmm... :) I'm strongly considering bringing my own as a guest. FI's best friend takes pretty good shots, I'm considering using him.
That is my dilemna as well. I absolutely HATE getting my pic taken, I am a total baby about it. So I think I need a good photog who can help me relax, but also blend into the background and get some good candids! I wish I had a family member who was good at taking pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlymcmullen View Post
That is my dilemna as well. I absolutely HATE getting my pic taken, I am a total baby about it. So I think I need a good photog who can help me relax, but also blend into the background and get some good candids! I wish I had a family member who was good at taking pics!!

I feel exactly the same way! The last thing I want is to be looking crazy on my wedding day! LOL!! (I haven't even taken any engagement photos yet for that reason! I'm trying to get it together.)

I asked FI's friend to send me his photo gallery and the shots weren't bad. Not super great, but passable. Here's his site. I'm glad he'll be there though. Maybe between the two, I'll get some good shots in.

We are getting our engagement photos taken Sunday, I am dreading it. My FI loves to dance, get his pic taken, anything to be center of attention. I am much more of wallflower. I like to observe people. But I guess that is why we work. He brings me out a little and I tame him a tad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Carly ~ check out the latest Trip Advisor review:

Ocho Rios: Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club: "The Best Day of My Life!!"

mrmrsp804, New Orleans, La Aug 12, 2007

My experience with this property took place in: August, 2007

Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend? absolutely!

I recommend this hotel for: An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Older travelers, Great pool scene, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists

I do not recommend this hotel for: Young singles, Pet owners

I selected this hotel because ... Beach / Sun

My age: 35-49

Traveling group: Family with young children

My visit was for: Honeymoon

We have just returned from our glorious stay at Beaches Boscobel. It was absolutely fantastic. The staff was sensitive to all your needs. My husband and I were married at the resort. While there are many weddings there daily, the Wedding coordinator made us feel as if we were the only couple getting married during our stay. The only thing I did not like was the additional charges for your wedding location. While you could pick any location at no additonal charge, you were charged for arches, flowers (not bouquet or boutinerre) to decorate your location. This should be included with your wedding.

While the rooms are spacious and comfortable, some upgrading needs to be done regarding the irons and ironing boards. The boards were very rusted. The building itself needs some renovation but still beautiful.

The safe boxes in the room was an added bonus for our valuables and money, since no money is needed on the island for food or beverages. While you are able to charge items to your room, I think the option of paying a deposit during the booking of your vacation should be available. When paying for your trip you should be able to add money to your balance so that you can be more prepared for all the extras.

One of the best amnenties was the Kids Camp. My ten year old loved it. He could not wait to get up the next morning to go. This gives the adults the opportunity for privacy while enjoying your vacation with your children.

Overall the experience was a great one. We are planning an anniversary trip there next year!!!

• 3 months later...

I tried to post a few times last week and kept getting timed out. Michelle's (beachbride0cool.gif cousin is looking into getting married at Beaches Boscobel, so I am going to post any info I have for her here. If anyone else has any, please post.Attachment 1269

Attachment 1270

Attachment 1271

Attachment 1272

SalesKitJamaica-3-2-07[1][2].pdf

SalesKitJamaica - 5-29-07.pdf

Twilight Wedding - 5-15-07[1].pdf

Picture of Love Flyer[1].pdf

Michelle - here is the file that was too large to upload, let's see if this works...

Michelle (beachbride0cool.gif,

I gathered all the information that I had on my work computer into one Word document. I am surprised at how little it is! I will have to go thru my files at home to see if I have anything additional to add, but in the meantime, you can pass this file along to your cousin. The Word doc is too large to upload, so I pasted below. If the pics don't go thru, I will update in a moment.

Have a great thanksgiving!

Beaches Info
Bouquets Included –

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

(When I requested pictures of other options and prices, I was ignored)

An email from Renee in the beginning of the process…

“Twilight wedding information needed:

Color for the roses (bouquet)

Flight information

Entertainer (ex. guitarist, violinist, saxophonist)

Here is some information that I will need to know before arrival.

I will need the following documents 60 days prior to arrival: (Please note if documents are not in our office correct before 21 days prior to arrival a late processing fee of $150 will apply.)

Notarized copies of: (Have a notary sign and stamp a photo copy of all original documents)

Birth certificates

Divorce Decree

Name Changes

Adoption Papers

Death Certificate followed with the related marriage certificate

(All documents will need to be in English if not they will need to be translated by a legal translator.)

All spa services, photographic services and reception services will need to be prebook and prepaid for before arrival so that all services will be guaranteed. I will also need a guest list with first and last names and if guest are not staying at the resort I will need to know what hotel they are staying.

Once you have ten or more people in your wedding party we recommend that you book the private dinner reception as this is the only way that we can confirm that you and your guest will all be seated together. Keep in mind that the restaurants cater to the entire resort so they may not be able to seat you all together or at the same time.

Your reception choices for all onsite guests are as follows:

$15pp after the 2nd guest basic cocktail reception includes cake, champagne, and cold hordourves

$25pp private cocktail reception includes cake, champagne, hot and cold hordourves and an open bar for one hour

$50pp dinner only reception includes a 4 course dinner with an open bar for 2 hours.

$75pp private cocktail and dinner reception includes cake, champagne, hot and cold hordourves, open bar for 3 hours and a 4 course dinner.

For all offsite guests:

$150pp Full day pass 10am-2am and private cocktail and dinner reception includes cake, champagne, hot and cold hordourves, open bar for 3 hours and a 4 course dinner.â€

Taken from a later email from Renee…

*** There is no decoration included but you will be able to add decor at an addtional cost. During the consultation at the resort with the onsite consultant you will be able to look through a book of the different floral decor available if you do not elect to purchase one of our Preston Bailey packages.***

Helpful websites…

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t7327 This link was pretty helpful from the forum…

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Beaches+Boscobel+&new=1&source=chrome header

http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/page.aspx?username=Alleigh&MsdVisit=1#weddingday

http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com/jamaica/boscobel.html

http://freshbread.blogs.com/photos/jamaica_2006/dscf0284_copy.html

http://don-allison.smugmug.com/gallery/2325878/1/126783567#126783567

Here's a pic of the cake that is included...

Click the image to open in full size.

When I requested pictures of the ceremony sites, so I could decide which location I wanted, I was sent these pics… They didnâ€t help me much, b/c I wanted to see the set-up, but she refused to send me pics from someone elseâ€s wedding. Also, when I asked for a pic of the beach setup, she sent me a pic of a strip of beach, like I hadnâ€t seen a beach before. I wanted to view the different choices as they would be decorated for a wedding…

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.