Photo

I need some advice (please)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 MDLady

MDLady
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

Once again, agree with Christina. That's exactly what I would do. Have the kids be in the bridal party but have your parents walk you down the aisle. That way everyone is included and happy :)

#12 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

i agree with the majority, i really like the idea of both your parents walking you and the kids being the wedding party.

i had my dad AND my hub-to-be walk me down the aisle! i was too nervous and planned it that way on purpose, so i had them on either side of me! i was SO much happier and calmer with my 2 favorite men to hold me together :)

#13 dianep

dianep
    • 532 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

this is a second marriage for both my fiance and me too. i have found that there is something incredibly freeing about that. we've been able to do this as we want to without having to worry about expectations of parents, etc. it feels like OUR wedding and i love that! good luck to you!
      http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
      and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#14 sweetluna

sweetluna
      • 183 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

I too think it's wonderful to include family. Having the kids involved in the wedding party is great and I sounds like it would be meaningful for you to have your mom & step dad walk you down the aisle.
        Great you're including all the kids in the sand ceremony. I attended a wedding where there was a step child and they had him involved in the ceremony and you could see it meant a lot to him. In addition, when they exchanged rings, they included the child in the ceremony by having the step dad give the boy a necklace (masculine of course) and the child gave his new step dad a gift (didn't get to see what it was) it was just beatiful watching the exchange between the step child and new parent in the family. I think you'll be very happy to watch your children/step children getting involved and making it a whole family event. All the best!!

#15 lalanyc

lalanyc
        • 363 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

I think you should ask your step dad to participate in the ceremony only if YOU really want to. As other posters suggested, it seems possible to include a role for all the kids and your parents and (presumably) make them all happy this way. However, if you strongly prefer to have your kids only then just save the father-daughter dance for your step dad :)

At my cousin's 2nd marriage, her (now) husband said his vows both to her and to her son. It was so incredibly touching. I think it would be amazing if you and your FH had some words for the kids and then you could assure the kids are REALLY be part of the ceremony!!! haha

#16 jhartford19

jhartford19
          • 187 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:05 PM

I like the idea of the girls being bridesmaids and your mom and stepdad walking you down the aisle. It is your wedding though, so you need to do what makes you happy! Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users