#1 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

Updated: Tuesday, 06 Apr 2010, 7:22 PM MDT
    Published : Tuesday, 06 Apr 2010, 10:19 AM MDT

BY LUKE FUNK
    MYFOXNY.COM

You might not be able to avoid baggage fees much longer by simply carrying your bag onto the plane.

Discount airline Spirit Airlines has unveiled new baggage rules that include steep fees for carry-on bags.

Any ticket purchased, starting today, for travel in August and beyond, requires that you pay $45 for a carry-on item if you wait to pay at the gate. The fee is as low as $20 if you pay on-line for the carry-on bag.

The dimensions quoted on the carrier's Web site for a carry-on bag are 22x18x10".

Spirit has several flights between New York's LaGuardia Airport and cities in Florida.

The rules still allow one personal item to be carried on the plane free-of-charge. That item much fit under the seat and be no larger than 16x14x12".

Items like cameras, diaper bags, coats and strollers will not be counted as personal items and can be brought onto the plane for free.

On the Net: spiritair.com

Spirit Airlines' $45 Baggage Fee

Might as well buy a seat for luggage with these folks. I had a bad experience with them and they lost my daughters car seat on the way to Jamaica...and it was checked at the gate!! I have no love for this no frills air line.
    I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#2 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
    • 301 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

i used to always fly spirit when i could catch their $1 specials - kissing that luxury goodbye!!!

#3 cristinimartini

cristinimartini
      • Banned
      • 546 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Thought a "carry on" fee was bad? Check this out! Flights: Airfare, flight tracker, delays, miles tracker & airport news - Today in the Sky - USATODAY.com

Thought this article was funny for poking fun of Spirit...JetBlue pokes fun at Spirit's carry-on fee by touting luggage 'outerwear' - Flights: Airfare, flight tracker, delays, miles tracker & airport news - Today in the Sky - USATODAY.com

#4 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
        • 260 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hahahaha, that is too funny!
          I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#5 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

Yeah this is insane I heard this in the AM.. $45 is just wow

#6 *Karla*

*Karla*
            • 4,854 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

That is insane! I flew the once to JA, and we just had to pay $15 or $20 for our checked bags. I guess that's how their gonna make their money though. Our flight was $9 plus taxes, they can't afford to run an airline like that for long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users