Wedding planning nostalgia...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ayita

Ayita
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hello Ladies !

It's been a while since I posted but I've been trying to detox from the forum after my wedding - lol !

Anyway just coming to say hi. Last year at the same period, I was rushing through the last minute preps - getting my dress ready, lots of DIY projects like the table numbers or the programs, putting together the ceremony (for those who'll remember we did it in two languages it was a lot of work !)... I was super excited as I was leaving in like 3 weeks... There was already a suitcase full of stuff sitting in the living room and I was re-doing "invoices" for the customs... I remember having last minutes issues with my venue (which in the end turned out one of my best choices - wat with the swine flu and all !!!) and I was freaking out...

...and then the Day went and it was all so good and today, I don't know, I have wedding nostalgia - and wedding planning nostalgia ! I would like to be doing DIY stuff and shopping for my ring bearer outfit and receiving tons of clothes from Victoria's secret for the beach...

... wait ! I can still do that at least !!!

Anyway I thought you between all people would understand...

I'm going to surf a lot of BDW today !!

#2 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
    • 349 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

Ayita, I am now in your shoes a year ago! I am pulling together all last minute details and my favorite thing has got to be receiving all the great stuff I`ve ordered from etsy and the like in the mail, its like Christmas :)

Thank you in advance, because I am totally adapting your welcome booklet template which I love. I can`t wait to post my planning thread.

#3 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
      • 914 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

Ayita, if you'd like to relive those days, I'll happily let you take over my DIY'ing and planning! HAHAH!

#4 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
        • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

I can SOOO relate Aiyta! I took a break from BDW for a while too, and now I can't stay away! It's been 16 mths since my wedding, but I do enjoy helping out the newbies and checking out everyone's great ideas. Especially all the DIY stuff - so much fun :)
          Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
          Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
          http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
          Leftover Wedding Items FS:
          http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#5 Ayita

Ayita
          • 861 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sita&Nate
            Ayita, I am now in your shoes a year ago! I am pulling together all last minute details and my favorite thing has got to be receiving all the great stuff I`ve ordered from etsy and the like in the mail, its like Christmas :)

Thank you in advance, because I am totally adapting your welcome booklet template which I love. I can`t wait to post my planning thread.
            That's cool :) I like to know I helped a lot of other brides !

and I know how it feels - did it feel like Christmas every day ! It used to drive FI nuts !! A delivery again ? That was really cool.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DWbridetobe
            Ayita, if you'd like to relive those days, I'll happily let you take over my DIY'ing and planning! HAHAH!
            haha ! I have a lot of other projects - but I'm just missing this one... I really enjoyed it !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users