Question regarding hair at ROR

Hey gang,

So I thought I had my appointment confirmed with the spa, but turns out it was never confirmed....in order to do that I have to pay in full?

Is this normal? I havent noticed from anyones reviews any mention of this. I would like to book my appointment asap...but Im a little nervous about paying for this in full now...what if I change my mind, or what if I dont like the hair etc etc........I thought it was odd, because nothing else needed to be paid before hand. I also read online on the renova spa website that if you use extension they require you to do a trial-which is almost 100 bucks on its own I think. Thats insane? Thats over 200 for hair alone..............

Girls, whas the deal here?

Marie - Last year when I went with my sister to her salon (I was her MOH) she wasn't required to have a trial, but she did one anyway. This cost her $65. She did not have to pay ahead for her real appointment (and actually, I don't ever recall any one of my friends having to do this). I guess maybe different salons have different policies... but I wouldn't like it. That is too much money, I agree.

I haven't made my appointment yet... I have one set for Maui but I still gotta decide where I want to go for my reception back home. This will total about $165 all together...

Hi Marie...

All I had to do was put a 50% deposit down. I filled out the salon booking form that they sent me and then emailed it back. They sent my confirmation right away! I had my hair dresser do the trial here and I had her take pictures of the whole process, I'm really hoping that I won't have to do another trial once I get there! PM me after April 22, 2010 and I'll let you know how everything went!

Hi Marie,

I am getting married next Saturday, April 17th at ROR. I booked hair appointments for myself and my three bridesmaids several months ago. They will give you a quote and you have to put a 50% deposit down via credit card. They will then send you a confirmation sheet. My total for four hairstyles is $390, which I think is outrageous (that's almost $100 each and that is with a 10% discount!). I have had some really nice styles done here in the U.S. for $50-$60 and I have long, thick hair. I asked the Renova Spa manager (Paul Casas) about the price and he said the reason they ask for just 50% down is that the price can change once you get there and let the stylists know exactly what you want. It could be less (hopefully). They will give you a final price once you let them know the hairstyles you want and then you can pay the rest at the spa. I am hoping I can negotiate the price down, especially since my bridesmaids are not having really fancy or time-consuming hairstyles. My bridesmaids and I are going to go into the spa the day before the wedding to talk to the hair stylists to make sure they can do what we want. I am going to bring lots of pictures. I hear the style books they have are quite dated. I'll let you know how it goes!

Hey Future Mrs. Coleman.....time is getting short for you! HOly! While you're getting married, Ill be on my stagette lol.....we re almost 3 weeks away, totally freakin out with stuff left to do-I think Im just gonna cross stuff off my to do list-never mind trying to get it done!

Ill be interested to see what happens with the hair.

I just recieved a note back asking for the 50% downpayment....my hair trial is 85 and the day of Im being charged 123....ITS LUDICROUS!!!!! I have never in my lifetime paid that for an updo or hair do of any kind....and Ive had lots! Makes me reallly mad that the rial is that much..and that I HAVE to have one cause of the extensions......and I stated all that in my email, lol..perhaps not that rude, but I wanted to see if there was any way of lowering either of the 2....its a lot of money......what time is your appointment for?? Ive read reviews of girls who wish they had started their earlier, but took the advice of the stylists and started later......then regretted it.....Im starting at 1030......they said Ill be done by 1230---but its jamaica, nothing is ever on time....we get married at 4....Id liek to relax after hair, have lunch.....then head back for make up n a drink! lol...I dont wanna feel panicked on my wedding day!......1030 am does seem early...but i may not be finished til clse to 1 or 130.....I have a lot of hair, and they only use curling irons.........holy!

I am getting married April 19th....and booked my as well and had to put down 50%. You are so right...I have never paid so much for an up do before in my life...it better be stunning. My wedding is at 1pm...and I am booked in for 9am.....hoping this gives me lots of time. I have really thick long hair too!!

NikiCrosby - we may be at the resort at the same time. What day are you getting in? We arrive on Wednesday, April 14th.

Yes, the updos better be perfect with the prices they charge. I have heard good things about the salon so hopefully it will all work out.

I made appointments for me and my three bridesmaids. They can only do two updos at a time so I am having two of my bridesmaids go at 10 am and then me and my maid of honor are going at 11 am. The wedding is at 2 pm. They said we should all be done by noon (but nothing is ever on time in Jamaica!). I originally had the appointments at 8 am and 9 am, but I thought that was really early and I didn't want my hair to start falling before the wedding. We all just have to go back to the room to do our makeup and put on our dresses so I am hoping a couple hours is enough time. I didn't even think about food. Good call Marie! We will probably need to grab some lunch. Maybe I will have some of my friends run down and get us some food while we are getting ready. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Nikicrosby & Mrs. Coleman I will be there at the same time as both of your weddings!! I was shocked by the prices of the hair salon, it seems as soon as you put the word "bridal" infront of anything there...the price dramatically jumps up!

Sweetluna,

From a lot of the reviews Ive read this last year an a half, I think most past brides that went and had make up done, said it was nothing fancy. Most cases, the bride washed it off and reapplied it-look back through the older reviews you ll see that there multiple times. SOme reviews said make up was ok, but just ok........I honestly dont think Ive heard a lot of positive feedback.

Hair always seems great....brides always seem happy. Ive also heard good things abvout other services....just not make up....lol...........and most brides take their own make up too ......and just get them to aply it.

I plan to do my own-Id love someone else to do it...but Im going with the reviews on this one.......as for mani n pedi, honestly-I plan to pamper myself the day before we travel, both fi and I have appointments, my treat lol.....facial, pedi, massage...hydrotherapy soak...one whole day.....I dont wanna miss out on anything down there.....