Planning a cruise wedding

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jlkone

• 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

I am in the early stages of planning a destination/cruise wedding. I am thinking about planning it for May 2011. We DO NOT want to get married on the ship. We want to have a ceremony followed by a reception (lunch, drinks and dancing) in port some where. I am not sure what port would be best or know of a good reception location? We want a beach wedding ceremony, and want to have a reception where we can have dancing. We are hoping for about 40 people to join us.

Any suggestions on good place to have a day time reception would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

#2 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hi Jessica! Welcome to the forum! There are threads on cruise brides, just head up to the search box. Everyone is so helpful here! Good luck and happy planning!

#3 mxtwo

• 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

Attended a cruise wedding in 2007, apparently you can only get married in certain ports that do not have a 48 hour residency requirement. I attended a wedding on the beach in St Lucia, we had a champagne reception outdoors then went to a little restuarant for cake and drinks, then back to the ship for dinner and dancing. The brdie and groom paid for the guests meals in the "upgraded" dining room, so it didnt feel like we paid for our own meal. It went very well. My friend used a wedding planner in St Lucia that she found on-line.

#4 btn1091

• 180 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

Good luck with your planning...and welcome to the forum...it's the best!!

#5 nsimpson

• 325 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I love the idea of a cruise wedding - happy planning.
            Love is a wonderful thing!
            Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#6 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning!!

#7 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
              • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hi Jessica,
              Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your wedding. Here you´ll find the information you are looking for.
              Happy planning!!

#8 jojo194

• 205 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You will find all kinds of helpful information here. Good luck with all of your planning!

#9 DWbridetobe

• 914 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Congrats on your engagement, and welcome to the forum!

#10 Nicyx

• 2,914 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

Hello, Congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users