Invitation Etiquette...please help?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:54 AM

I would send the invites anyway. I have several family members that I know cannot attend, but I am sending them invites anyway to let them know that I am thinking of them.

#12 skadow

• Banned
    • 1,853 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

Better to send one out, then wish you did if they get pissy.

#13 tracy0716

• 431 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by skadow
        Better to send one out, then wish you did if they get pissy.
        Haha this is so true!!

#14 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
        • 450 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

I would send them anyways. We had people we knew wouldn't be able to make it and we send STD's and our actual invites to them.

#15 ask9999

• 82 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

I would definitely send them invites. You are supposed to send an invite to everyone you sent a STD. I had people I knew couldnt come to the wedding, but sent them invitations anyway- I thought it let them know that I still wanted them there.

#16 Laur13

• 179 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

I would still send them one :)

#17 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

Thanks ladies I will be sending invites out to all that got STDs and then some.

#18 futuremrswalls

• 77 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

I had actually read on a destination etiquette page that you only send invites to people that are possibles or definites. With postage and the invitations that we chose, invitations are coming to a little over $10 a piece. That adds up really quick. There are a couple people that we are still sending them too regardless, even though they said they are not coming, all family. When we have the AHR everyone will get an invite. I think the link was on theknot.com but it's really been so long ago, I can't remember.

#19 DiamondGirl

• 710 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hi futuremrswalls,

When it comes to weddings, people will always get offended. Regardless what you do, people just won't be content. I say, don't over obsess about it. It's your wedding and do as you please. You have plenty to worry about. I'm just saying....

#20 bikegirl

• Banned
                    • 319 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

^ So true.

I'm actually really surprised about the whole, even if they say no, you still send them an invite. It just doesn't make sense. What are they going to do with it (I mean, aside from my mom and a crafty friend who likes this kinda stuff) except toss it?

I feel like if they say no, sending them an invitation anyway is like waving it in their face that they're missing out....lol, now I might have to rethink that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users