Hi! undecided destination location :-)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 anjiela7

• 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

My name is Anjie and I have been engaged now for about a month. My dream was always to have a destination wedding. But my fiance insisted on a home wedding... after he saw the cost and the head ache i think he is coming around. I am here to show him that plenty of people do destination wedding and LOVE it.
    Our projected date is 7/17/11 but its subject to change if its a bad time for the location we eventually pick.

#2 mekanabr

• 537 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

Congrats and welcome! I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of info on here to convince your FI! A DW won't be completely headache free, but it will be totally worth it! Good luck with your planning, picking a resort is the hardest part (I've been looking since last November! haha) Check out Jamaica, that's where I'm hoping to go, potentially Iberostar Rose Hall Suites or Gran Bahia Principe. Just two suggestions :)

#3 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:41 PM

Hi! Welcome to the forum and congrats on the engagement. You'll find tons of helpful people and information here. First try to make a list of priorities for your location and go from there. I don't think it hurts to review the requirements for a legal ceremony in the different countries.

#4 Micas de Miralls

Micas de Miralls
        • 246 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

Hello !!!And Congratulation!!! Usually my brides saved money in organizing their wedding with me in the Riviera Maya...so If you need any tips...just let me know!!!

#5 Angel-in-Law

• 250 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

Hello Anjie! I hope you are able to convince your FI to go the destination wedding route. Depending upon the number of guests, it can be a more economical way to go! Happy planning!

#6 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:38 AM

HI and welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place! DW is the way to go! Happy planning and congrats!

#7 Mere

• 729 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

Congratulations and welcome to this helpful forum! I searched and searched for months before finally choosing my resort-after that was done-the rest was easy-whew. Good Luck to ya!

#8 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:15 AM

Welcome! I hope that you and your fiance can com to an agreement about a great location!

#9 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
                  • Vendor
                  • 323 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hello Anjie,

I always say: "you and your fiancĀ© are all that metters"

#10 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
                      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum