Looking for the Perfect Wedding Heel! (With Photos)

First of all, I LOVE shoes. I have probably been more excited to find my wedding heels than my actual dress. With that in mind, I have had quite the roller-coaster with finding my perfect heels...and my wedding is still a year away! ; ) Hopefully my search can help some others in finding their perfect shoe. Let me know if you would like to know websites, prices, anything that I have done that can give you some guidance!

(BTW, the shoes that I have shown here are for sale except for the first Magenta Stuart Weitzman's...Not trying to make any money, just want to get back as much as I put into them if possible.)

I LOVE the Stuart Weitzman "Jumbo" heels. They looked amazingly dark pink in the photo (at least on my computer screen), but upon getting them, they turned out more magenta/purple.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Everything about them was great, VERY comfortable, loved the heel/height, loved the bow an peep toe, etc. So then I found a site that had these in white and would professionally dye them for you. So I ordered them in a brighter pink, sure so as to not get purple and this is what I got.

Click the image to open in full size.

Again, LOVED them, except now they were too pink for me and I wanted a little more fuschia (am I Goldilocks here or what?!?)

So I figured I wasn't going to get my Stuart Weitzman Jumbo heels in the color I wanted and settled on looking for a different style. I found these, different from what I've ever seen, fuschia colored, sling back peep-toe, cheap...perfect!

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

I got them and they are too tall for the length of my gown (by about an inch). ~SIGH~ They look great on, like to color, love the ruffles, but still a hit and miss.

My goal is to find a cute shoes with about a 3 1/2" inch heel (can't be over 4", would like a little under that), fuscia/darker pink color, a bow or some sort of embellishment (like the ruffles) preferred, and I want to rhinestone the heel with swarovski crystals. I will keep this thread updated with what I find next, and would love any "leads" ; )

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi There! I am wearing the same color shoe. I have 2 pair...both by Zigi Soho. One pair can be found on DSW.com

Zigi Soho Jeweled Satin Platform Sandal - DSW

They look AMAZING on. The other pair I also got from DSW but they are no longer available online.

Zigi Soho Gloria Satin Platform Sandal Evening & Wedding Sandal Shop Women's Shoes- DSW

are both about the same color as your ruffle shoe.

LadyTrunck - Haha! Awww, thanks! I know it shouldn't be this complicated, but for some reason it is certainly turning out to be!

Sgray - I love those first ones with the 2 buckles! Unfortunately when I clicked on them it said they were sold out (go figure, huh!). I think they'd probably be too tall for my dress anyway. Thanks for posting them! They're the exact color I want!

I just can't give up on those Stuart Weitzman's! I think I'm going to order them in white, get a fuchsia color swatch and find some place to dye them (again!) I didn't get a color swatch the first time around and I'm pretty sure that's where I went wrong. I just got so impatient and wanted them already! If anyone knows any place on-line that will dye shoes that aren't originally purchased from them, let me know!! I've been looking myself, and haven't found a place.

Oh RaychelRae

I went through the exact same thing!!! I bought several fuschia shoes trying to find the exact color and heel higth and it was a challenge. Lots of returns! Finally I settled on caparros italia in fuschia (the LAST pair sold ever). Still not my true love but I just got sick of buying/returning. Thankfully, I still love to shop so what size are you? I seem to come across Stuart's all the time and will let you know! Oh, and I thought I found a website that dyes shoes to your pref so I will try to find that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaychelRae View Post
LadyTrunck - Haha! Awww, thanks! I know it shouldn't be this complicated, but for some reason it is certainly turning out to be!

Sgray - I love those first ones with the 2 buckles! Unfortunately when I clicked on them it said they were sold out (go figure, huh!). I think they'd probably be too tall for my dress anyway. Thanks for posting them! They're the exact color I want!

I just can't give up on those Stuart Weitzman's! I think I'm going to order them in white, get a fuchsia color swatch and find some place to dye them (again!) I didn't get a color swatch the first time around and I'm pretty sure that's where I went wrong. I just got so impatient and wanted them already! If anyone knows any place on-line that will dye shoes that aren't originally purchased from them, let me know!! I've been looking myself, and haven't found a place.
Raychel:
If you really like them, try in store if you have a DSW near you. I was just in on Saturday and they still had them in stock. The ones with the ruffle have a slightly lower heel and happen to be on clearance right now. Good luck! :-)