Photo

The Kennel lost my parents' dog!!!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 trance_angelx0x

trance_angelx0x
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

I sent your link to people I know in the area and people at my work. I really think I'd go into severe depression if I lost my dog since he's our baby (we don't want kids so our dog is our kid). I'll keep my eyes open when I'm in the area.

#32 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
    • 1,236 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

This is horrible!! I hope that you find your dog soon
      I know that sometimes when Cats get lost you can leave a piece of unwashed clothing that you recently wore on your doorstep and some people have said that worked.
      It helps the cat find your scent and find it's way back home.
      Maybe you can leave a piece of clothing near the Kennel since that is where is he ran from? It may be worth a try.

Also, In regards to that collar they put on him, they do that because if the dog should get into a fight with another dog, or even if their collar gets caught on something, they can get really hurt, so they use those collars when you board your dog as a precaution. I only know this because my Dog goes to Doggy Daycare and he is require to have one of those collars while he is there. So when we drop him off they change his collar and they change it back when we pick him up.
      However, they should not have walked your dog with one of those collars in my opinon. Dogs can easily get out of them, since that is what they are made for! They should have known better.

I can just imagine how you and your parents feel right now...I would be devastated & I will continue to hope for his safe return.
      Please keep us updated and as a previous poster said, I don't think it's a bad idea to start knocking on some doors. He is a Gorgeous Pure Bred, If he was found, someone may have decided to keep him, even though that is so horribly wrong!!!
      Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
      My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#33 btn1091

btn1091
      • 180 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Fingers crossed that you find him... I know how pets really become one of the family!
        Good luck!

#34 Candice

Candice
        • 223 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

I am so sorry to hear about this, I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. He and your family will be in my thoughts for a safe retrun home!
          50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#35 lara&mike

lara&mike
          • 97 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

oh my. Im so sad for you. I don't know what i would do if my dog got lost. She almost died in December and it nearly killed me. Its the not knowing which must be so painful for you and your parents. I hope that he has found his way to some family that is trying to find you rather than something more tragic. There have been dogs that have been found months later, so try not to lose hope. praying for his safe return...hugs.

#36 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
            • 5,078 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:44 AM

Any update? I'm hoping he is found and safe!

#37 DRB

DRB
              • 647 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by svetayasofiya
                What does it mean to have a dog micro-chipped? Is there some sort of telemetry system that can track him?
                I wish that there was a way of tracking him! Microchips are implanted so that if a dog or cat is lost a vet's office can scan it and the owner's information shows up. Unfortunately they don't have GPS or anything linked to them, although I'm sure that someone will start to market a product like that if they haven't already!

#38 DRB

DRB
                • 647 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

Thanks again everyone for your kind thoughts and help. There's still been no sighting of him which is so frustrating! Right now we're just trying to keep getting the word out any way we can (internet, flyers, newspapers, radio etc) and my Dad keeps searching the area.

Hopefully my next update will be a happier one

#39 DRB

DRB
                  • 647 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by trance_angelx0x
                    I sent your link to people I know in the area and people at my work. I really think I'd go into severe depression if I lost my dog since he's our baby (we don't want kids so our dog is our kid). I'll keep my eyes open when I'm in the area.
                    Thanks so much for doing that!

#40 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
                    • 829 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

I just sent the link you posted to my friend in Ottawa and asked that she spreda the word also!!
                      My fingers are crossed and I'm thinking positive thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users