Photo

The Kennel lost my parents' dog!!!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Girasole

Girasole
  • 757 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:16 AM

I hope they find your parents dog. It is so hard when this happens & so stressful because they are a member of your family. Before we got our italian greyhound from my future brother-in-law they had her in a kennel in FL & had a similar situation happen but here we found out someone took her in & treated her as their own. Personally I think the kennel sold her since she's pure bred and a beautiful dog but my future BIL had to take them to court to get the dog back. Now we have her but I can't imaging putting my dogs in a kennel especially after that happened so I pay friends/family to take care of our 2 when we go away. Long story short...knock on doors too, you may find him in someones home.
    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#22 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
    • 590 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

What does it mean to have a dog micro-chipped? Is there some sort of telemetry system that can track him?

I really hope you find him soon. At least it was really warm this past weekend so he won'T be cold...

#23 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
      • 5,078 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

I got teary eyed at this. I can't imagine my dog getting lost.

It was so irresponsible for the kennel to let a child walk alone with a dog. I feel so bad for the child and it wasn't his fault. I hope Bailey will be found soon!!

#24 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
        • 310 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

Oh my goodness...I'm so sorry your family is going through this. My dogs are my kids and if this happened to either one of them, you would seriously have to tie me down to keep me from going ape**** on the kennel owners.

I'm sending all my doggie mojo up north that Bailey comes home safe and sound. Get lots of extra cookies ready to spoil her when she comes home!

#25 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
          • 2,424 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

OMG That's terrible, i hope you find him!

#26 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

Oh no, this is the worst thing ever!!! I almost can't believe it. We board our dog all the time and I would be very ticked off if they let children walk the dogs. That's quite irresponsible, wow!!!

I really hope Bailey turns up safe and sound. Fingers crossed for you!!!!!!

#27 Mallory57

Mallory57
              • 454 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

This is TERRIBLE!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...keep us posted~!
                35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#28 kris

kris
                • 506 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Oh my gosh! This is my worst nightmare when I go away. Hopefully they find him (it seems like they are truly trying very hard) My thoughts are with you!

#29 Svnoyi

Svnoyi
                  • 27 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

I tried to avoid this thread because I knew from just the preview of the title it was going to horrify me! This is so awful!

I'm not AS upset as I thought I would be, since it does sound like the loss was a genuine accident and they are really trying their best to find him. I only hope they do and he comes home safe and sound!

#30 mnh1983

mnh1983
                    • 743 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

It makes me so upset that the kennel was so irresponsible to let a kid walk the dog! I also don't understand at all why they would remove a collar with his ID info. I really hope they find the dog soon. Our animals are like our children. We had one that escaped from our yard a couple of years ago, and I cried for days until someone found him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users