Photo

January 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#31 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

We booked our flights about a month ago...really good pricing. TA didn't think prices would go any lower than they were. I also dragged in all of my BM's and made them book the flight, I don't want to see people pay crazy amounts if they don't have to.

#32 Daily2011

Daily2011
    • 123 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

Hey ladies! I think I will be a January Bride at the Gran Porto Real! I am waiting for the TA to get the booking done so I can feel sure. So far we have obviously picked the resort and a tentative date of the 15th, but need to get that confirmed by the TA. I have the dress picked out but not purchased yet. i will do that by the end of the month as I have some credit at David's to use by then.

I made my first wedding purchase yesterday! I bought tin sand pails at the Target dollar spot for our flower girl baskets! I am so excited!

#33 MrsC-to-Be

MrsC-to-Be
      • 78 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

Hi All....I'm excited , we just chose/booked a date for our at home reception! finally something is taking place....this waiting to book the trip is driving me NUTS. I just talked to Apple Vacations, the guy told me he should have rates for my resort in 1-2weeks...so, lets hope thats the truth

#34 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
        • 310 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

Welcome Daily2011 and MrsC-to-Be...yay for us January brides! I can't believe it's LESS THAN 10 MONTHS till the big day for all of us. That is just blowing my mind!!

And it's super weird how different wholesalers/resorts have their prices out at different times. My wedding resort has had prices out for over a month, but my honeymoon resort (Cozumel Palace) still doesn't have any prices out. It's all driving me nutso!

#35 josietoms

josietoms
          • 765 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Daily 2011 - welcome along to the party :-) I have just started buying bits and pieces as well.
            Mrsctobe - hello! Wierd isnt i booked my AHR before my wedding.

I dont understand how all these pricing things work either - cause like i have said before i was able to book my hotel and wedding through a TA in Nov 09!!

cjb0arder13 - 10 months - woo hoo - this time next year we will all be married!!

Just cant believe how quick the time is going by - each weekend i keep thinking i will set aside a day to make final decisions on things and i never do. Im just not a 'to do' list person. I think once i have my dress ready to collect in 10 weeks it will all seem v real and not far away.
            Josie x

#36 Daily2011

Daily2011
            • 123 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:37 PM

My TA got to me today with rates on three different resorts. I had been thinking the Real Gran Porto but The Barcelo Palace came in at a really great price. Now I am torn!!!!!

#37 josietoms

josietoms
              • 765 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Daily2011
                My TA got to me today with rates on three different resorts. I had been thinking the Real Gran Porto but The Barcelo Palace came in at a really great price. Now I am torn!!!!!
                Just had a sneaky peek at these hotels as i love seeing other brides choices. What a lovely decision to have to make - one luxury hotel or the other......
                Let us know your choice.
                Josie x

#38 janapana

janapana
                • 591 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:41 AM

Hi everyone!
                  Has anyone ordered their dress off the internet? Can you recommend any sites? And did you try similar ones on before you ordered? I´m having a nightmare as most of the dresses in the bridal shops here are huge satin numbers, and i really want a lightweight slim one, but i´m nervous of ordering without being able to try the style first.... maybe i should fly back to the uk for a couple of days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 mellyrobert

mellyrobert
                  • 46 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hey ladies! I guess I can't be a part of this thread anymore because we changed and set our date to 12/6/10! We are getting married at Secrets Moroma! The rates where just to good to pass up in December so I need to start plannnig ASAP!!!

#40 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
                    • 279 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mellyrobert
                      Hey ladies! I guess I can't be a part of this thread anymore because we changed and set our date to 12/6/10! We are getting married at Secrets Moroma! The rates where just to good to pass up in December so I need to start plannnig ASAP!!!
                      don't be silly, You r still more than welcome to stay with this thread! We are all in the same planning phase & can use one another's input :o)

that makes two of you. . . Futuremrsyak is thinking of moving her date to nov or dec as well! I am still waiting on our rates to come down and am wondering how much cheaper early Dec was for you.

Would you mind sharing the price difference?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users