Photo

June 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#191 susanna.hanson

susanna.hanson
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

Hey girls, I am working on my welcome books and am getting kind of frustrated. If any of you could post your welcome books (draft or final) it would be greatly appreciated!!!

#192 june11bride

june11bride
    • 304 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:27 PM

Ok!!!! I can honestly say I cannot believe how close we are!!!! We leave our house (we have to drive 8 hours to get where we are flying out of) in SEVEN days!! Wow. That doesnt' even make any sense to me!! I just started freaking out today, trying to schedule all my last minute things!! I'm a substitute teacher so I never know if I'm working each day, so I had to schedule everyhing for after 3!! I have an appointment every day this week!!

So my to do list, seven days out, looks like this:

-my last dress fitting is monday, I will pick up my dress Friday

-pack

-get hair flower and tiara

-get groomsmen shoes

-figure out bridesmaid personalized gifts for cheap

-buy some more lingerie

-get nails done

-get rings cleaned

-dye my hair

-get our dog set up at his adventure camp (hes our baby)

-finish putting toegther our welcome information

-finish painting my favours (fans)

-get more tops to wear

-organize all the crap (like OOT bags) we are bringing

-figure out what to do with our cat

-finalize ipod music

-make a backup cd just in case

im sure theres more but can you believe i still have all that stuff a week out???? I am shocked that we are so close. Freaking out about getting stuff done for sure!!! What do you guys have to do (so i can remember other stuff i should do before we leave!!)

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#193 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
      • 296 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

Oh my gosh can you believe how quickly time is passing?!  We leave in 15 days. We still have a ton to do too...

• two more dress fittings
        • decide on final bridal accessories
        • buy blue HankyPankies that say i do (that will be my something blue)
        • get something special for my mom and dad/MIL/FIL???
        • break in shoes
        • figure out how much tip we should give each vendor/planner
        • update website
        • Welcome letter
        • Just found out from resort that I'll need to do place cards at each seat as well as table cards, so I am doing those today
        • Figure out programs (mom is working on those)
        • print menus
        • hair cut/highlighted
        • wax
        • buy a few more clothes (extra flip flops!)
        • Try to figure out how to pack
        • Call Virgin America about hanging my dress
        • finalize playlists for DJ
        • buy extra ribbon for centerpieces/OOT gifts
        • I'm sure there's a ton more -- what am I missing?

Thanks for posting your to-do list, June11bride, that helped me realize that I had more to do than I thought.  Your list is very doable!  Good luck! 

And wishing all of the early June brides a great wedding!  Don't forget to come back and tell us how it went!

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#194 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
        • 381 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:45 AM

We have 5 days and I feel like I'm reaching breakdown point, lol! I decided Sunday, with 7 days til we left that I wanted a veil...then I learned it is nearly impossible to get one that quickly, so my wonderful mother-in-law volunteered to make it. I wanted it to be a simple floor length veil, but I was horrified at the thought of it turning out awful and me having to hurt her feelings by not wearing it - turns out, about 4 hours and $17 later she made a gorgeous veil that I love! Disaster averted #1! Then last night as I was beginning to pack, it occurred to me that I have no clue where my pearl bracelet for the wedding day is. I tore my house completely apart, got 5 hours sleep because I was too worried about it, called my mom nearly in tears, and then as soon as I got off the phone with her I realized exactly where it was...in a safe place of course - my suitcase, lol! Bahhhh! So, my entire bedroom is piles of clothes and nothing (but the bracelet of course, hehe) has yet to make it into the suitcase! All of my OOT bag stuff and wedding stuff that was packed is now unpacked as I decided I need to take inventory of what I have. This is turning me into a crazy person! I can not wait to be there and be done with the madness! Our to-do list includes:

• PACKING!!!!
          • Printing Welcome Books (hopefully today)
          • take engagement ring to get polished
          • finalize transportation for guests to/from airport
          • pick up earrings from jewelers
          • shellac manicure (Friday over lunch)
          • wax (Friday after work)
          • pedicure (Thursday after work)
          • break in shoes
          • print all documents and emails from wedding coordinator, etc.

...and I'm sure there's more! Hang in there ladies, we're almost there! 

#195 cgandrg

cgandrg
          • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

I have 15 days before I leave and I am in complete denial for some reason I still think I have months to go but just like all you ladies I have a crap load to do and I don't even know where to begin. Congrats to all you ladies just remember to breathe :-)

#196 IdOinCABO

IdOinCABO
            • 82 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

LOL im glad to see we are all on the same page. I woke up early on Saturday and packed all of our carryon luggage with all important wedding items. All fit (thank God!) barley and it will be heavy for the FI but oh well ;)

We are carrying on all the wedding favors (maracas, vases for centerpieces, all the OOT bag info, the wedding dress and suit), all the propaganda (welcome letter, dinner menus, program/booklet/schedule, OOT supplies, bags, tissue paper and all the stuff we are putting in it) and also the engraved wedding glasses for toast.  

We have everything bought already! I got the final last minute stuff (fake eyelashes, different bathing suit, sunglasses and other important but not so important stuff yesterday) I was so in need of that day off to organize and put it all together. I too have packed and repacked the carry on’s wanting to do inventory and re-count making myself a crazy too! The FI has no clue what it takes to do all of this. I had to get out all my thank you’s from my bridal shower as well… I borrowed a veil, found a hair piece for both wedding and trash the dress session…

Woo man now I just have to pack the big suitcases but we are still 3 weeks out from departure J

I have confirmed with the new photographer~ she is great.

We decided on song list, order of operation this last weekend too.

I really don’t think we have that much to do besides maybe a few decision type of stuff and of course PACK!

I have heard that they will hang the dress in the first class closet if available but if not then it will have to go lying over suitcases in the normal cabin. If it gets wrinkled I’m going to try hanging in the bathroom with a hot shower to steam it out…

Every day I rack my mind to see if I’m forgetting something but I don’t think I am. I feel like it though ;)

#197 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
              • 296 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Hi Girls,

I am ...ahem..."working" right now, but have somehow had a hard time concentrating.  So instead I wrote a cheesy poem for our Coronas/OOT items that we'll have in the fridge for each guest:

We are so glad that you’re here

Sit back, relax, and have a cold beer.

The sun is hot, and there’s love in the air

You’re on vacation, so release every care.

Enjoy the small treats and kick up your feets,

As you step on the sand of the beautiful beach.

Lose your watch and forget about time

As you make your first toast with Corona and Lime. 

It has a border and our logo at the top, but if anyone wants to borrow the template, I've posted it.  Yay Cabo!

Attached Files

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#198 june11bride

june11bride
                • 304 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Here is my planning thread- (hopefully this works):

http://www.bestdesti...al#post_1610784

We leave to the city we fly out of in 4 days!!

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#199 IdOinCABO

IdOinCABO
                  • 82 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

How did it go for everyone? Mine was perfect, a totally special day~

#200 IdOinCABO

IdOinCABO
                    • 82 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

So i know this might be a super dumb question but i want to post my planning thread and whats the best way to do it? Do you have to have a paid memebership to post pictures and what not? I have it all ready in a word document but it seems difficult to get it on here with the pics and everything.  YOur help would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users