June 2011 Brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanna.hanson View Post
Hey girls.. my STD proof came in and they look awesome! I am putting together my mailing address list and I am a little stumped.. how is everyone addressing their guests on the envelopes? My save the dates are kinda informal.. so I wasnt sure if using Mr. and Mrs. Jack Smith was how I should address them. What did you guys do?

Ps. Today is our one year mark!!! GO US!

That is exciting!! Can't wait to see pics. I addressed my envelopes as informal names. I figured I wqould wait until the invites to be a little more formal.

It is so exciting now that we are all getting under our one year mark! I can offically say under 12 months.. Yay!!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Where are all my June 2011 brides at?? Just checking in to see how everyone's planning is coming along :) I have been so busy with work I feel like I have no time for anything so I try and get my BDW fix whenever possible...sadly it is not that often these days sad.gif

We finally got our website completed and all of our STD's were sent out. Although it was a fun project, I am happy to be moving on to the next!

My girls and I went BM Dress shopping last week to see what's out there and they actually fell in love with some dresses and decided they wanted to go ahead and order....I was actually shocked that it all went so smooth!! They fell in love with dresses by Amsale and I am So excited to have this part done with! I wanted them to each be able to pick their own style while keeping the same color and fabric and Amsale gave me all of that. Love them :)

Where are all of you at with your planning? I still have not secured my block of rooms yet but I am hoping to do so as soon as possible.

323 days to go!!!

Hey ladies!

Things are moving along smoothly so far. Flights were just released for our wedding week so I am keeping an eye on those to see when they are going to drop. Any advice on when to purchase airfare? I'm so used to flying last minute for business I'm not sure how far in advance is actually the "best" time to purchase. My TA says you just have to constantly be watching (which I have faith she is)...but it would be good to get input from others!

Other than that, we're working on ceremony and cocktail hour music. My girls picked their dresses from J Crew and we received them last month. I LOVE them and since we purchased them for the girls I am thrilled that we were able to get a great price. Same idea as Knbell22 - same color, different styles. Now, if only I could get the men motivated on shopping, lol! We sent out brochures a few weeks ago with resort info and are sending out postcards today letting everyone know flights are available (both from Vistaprint).

Hope everyones planning is coming along! Time is really starting to fly!

Yeah I noticed that flights are really high right now...I wonder if it is because it is still so early. My brother's girlfriend works for Alaska Air so I asked her those same questions. Hopefully she can get me some good info and give me a little insight to the fares. I will share the info I get from her...just in case it helps.

I noticed flights are super expensive right now too and I don't think United has come out with all of theirs yet.

If you haven't used Yapta.com before, definitely get on it. You can track flights and hotels and they send you an email when the prices have dropped or if the price drops after you book and you might be able to get a credit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue!!! Frustrating!!

Originally Posted by Lisa B View Post

hey i have a question for you dreams cabo brides... I have been emailing Mariana about getting my date booked and she has been really slow in responding... I know other people have said the response time is slow but I have been talking to her only about once a week for 3 weeks with questions. The last email i sent was in regards to the budget to get a roundabout number to make sure its what we can afford without any major surprises in the end. The last email I got from her was over a week ago and im getting really anxious because we havent booked the date definitely. I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same experience? Is this normal to take this long to respond to the email? Am i better off calling her? help! we want to book our date! Im not sure how to go about this nowundecided.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a June 2011 bride.. but a July 1, 2011 (close enough right?). I've just booked at Dreams Los Cabos! I'm relieved and excited that the date and venue are set, this has definitely been a stressful process!

Donie- If you don't mind me asking what rates did you get for the Cabo Mar for a welcome dinner? I really wanted to do this little cruise but I'm not sure if it will be in our budget.

Also, for those brides who were having a hard time getting in contact with Mariana, I spoke to her about a week ago and I know she was out sick with the flu so she was slow on returning my emails. I finally did speak to her and she was very nice!