Photo

What are your wedding favor ideas

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Diva

Diva
  • 682 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

who is this Etsy seller? Tell me more!!!!

#12 midnight24

midnight24
    • 754 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:17 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by poohshek
      We gave guests maracas picked up from downtown Playa del Carmen for our December 2009 wedding in Mexico. I made tags and tied them to the maracas with ribbon. Everyone really liked it and took them home.

Custom-made maracas are nice but it can take up quite a bit of luggage space. If your budget allows personalization, that will be a nice personal touch.
      do you remember about how much it cost for the maracas? we are looking to do the same and i'm trying to figure out the budget.

thanks!

#13 Laur13

Laur13
      • 179 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

we are doing OOT bags for favors. I also have maracas for the cocktail party for guests to take home :)

#14 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

Yes, I do remember. We paid 360 pesos for 36 maracas (about USD $0.75 each). Another bride mentioned getting a good bargain for USD $0.50 a piece but I didn't have any luck finding a vendor that will offer that deal. Most of the stores are selling them for USD $1 and some for more. Hope this helps.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by midnight24
          do you remember about how much it cost for the maracas? we are looking to do the same and i'm trying to figure out the budget.

thanks!

#15 ekcmexico

ekcmexico
          • 36 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

were they wood or handpainted maracas? Also how big were they?

#16 poohshek

poohshek
            • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

They are made of dried shells (e.g. coconut), hand-painted on the outside and come in different colors. It is a neat wedding favor and can really shake things up at the reception. Also a great souvenir!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ekcmexico
              were they wood or handpainted maracas? Also how big were they?

#17 Paige2010

Paige2010
              • 208 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for the Maraca info! We are planning on buying these when we get there as well

#18 midnight24

midnight24
                • 754 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by poohshek
                  Yes, I do remember. We paid 360 pesos for 36 maracas (about USD $0.75 each). Another bride mentioned getting a good bargain for USD $0.50 a piece but I didn't have any luck finding a vendor that will offer that deal. Most of the stores are selling them for USD $1 and some for more. Hope this helps.
                  thanks so much for letting me know. that's not too bad priced...and cheaper than ordering them beforehand, packing them and bringing them down.

#19 poohshek

poohshek
                  • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

Sure thing! You are very welcome.

I just went through my pictures and found the stores. Here's the approximate location:

At the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Calle 1 SUR in downtown Playa del Carmen.

This is close to the ferry pier to Cozumel. At the intersection, head North on Calle 1 SUR and check out the vendors along that street for a good bargain. Good luck!
                    thanks so much for letting me know. that's not too bad priced...and cheaper than ordering them beforehand, packing them and bringing them down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users