Wedding guest attire

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 theend903

• 173 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

Some family members are asking how they should dress. I don't want them to be dressed formal, but not in their bathing suit either. How should I word when I send them the invite info?

#2 atrott

• 208 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

Good Question! I just attended a wedding in Jamaica in January & the bride sent out care packages beforehand with info in it for the weekend. I can't remember her exact wording for attire but the couple wanted everyone to be comfortable & specifically asked for everyone to wear sandals/flip flops and sundresses for the girls & shorts for the guys.

#3 FutureMrsTO

• 109 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

I saw another brides invites and she suggested cocktail attire? that is what i plan to use on my invites also. i'd be uncomfortable in a dress and someone was in board shorts and flip flops. okay maybe just jealous! LOL

#4 theend903

• 173 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

Cocktail attire might work. Thanks for the suggestion!

#5 LadyTrunck

• 1,114 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

This is what I put on my website:

Ceremony and reception attire is "Beach Chic." For the girls this means flowy sundresses and skirts, and for the guys this means linen or khaki pants/shorts with lightweight colorful shirts. Suits and ties are not necessary, unless you really want to. Who are we to deny your suave style!? We do request that you do not wear t-shirts or jeans. For shoes we suggest something comfortable, such as sandals or flip flops.
            Married to my BEST FRIEND!
            July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
            Non-Pro Pics:
            Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#6 bride7474

• 582 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

This is how we worded ours.

Smart Casual:
              Ladies – Sundresses/dress clothes that would be appropriate for a summer wedding.
              Men - Khaki/Dress Pants or Shorts, collared shirt (short or long sleeved). Outdoor summer wedding attire would be appropriate.

#7 tracy0716

• 431 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

We used "cocktail attire" too. I've heard the bathing suit jokes from one too many of our guests already. I'm hoping when they look at the photos online of the hotel they'll realize how elegant it is and that they should dress nicely!

#8 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Please do a search before starting a new thread. Most topics have already been discussed at length.

Here are a few threads on your topic to help get you started:

... those threads were on the first page of my search, so there are many, many more to choose from.
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users