Question about Steel drum band at RMB

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

I wondered if any other ladies had the steel drum play band for their wedding at RMB......

I know Geralyn did....she even was nice enough to find the song list for me in a ROR post.

My question was.....I asked Sherika if she had the RMB steel drum band playlist and she said there isn't one. They just play the songs they know (which I"m assuming are set if I wasn't allowed to give them to her in advance as a request). Does anyone have more information on the steel drum band at RMB?

#2 Stephani

• 62 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

I also asked for a demo video and Sherika said there was none

#3 Perplexy

• 207 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

Weird...I got the list from ROR too. I wonder why Sherika says there isn't a list? Maybe they don't want to be restricted to certain songs in the event they don't feel like playing them?

~Stay positive and love your life!~

#4 jodi_22n

• 122 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

we havent decided if we want this or not but are hoping to make our decision when we get there xxx

#5 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

I'm pretty sure that there was a list she showed me...again very similar to the ROR list
            Here's a clip I found on you tube:
            YouTube - Steel drum band at Kim and Darryl's wedding

#6 Stephani

• 62 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

I've already chosen my songs so I need to be sure they can play them

#7 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

here was my question to sherika:

10.) Aaron and I definitely want to have a steel drum band play for the ceremony. Will we look at the song list when we get there, or do you have a list we could pick from now?

Here is her answer:
                10. The steel band does not have a song list to go through. they are usually just booked play a list from what they know according.

#8 booschmit

• 43 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

I emailed chandlyn at the ROR just last week and she gave me a playlist for the steel band. I would think it would be the same for the riu in montego bay. If youwant to PM me your email, I could give you the list that chandlyn gave me if that would help.

#9 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:30 AM

Thanks for the offer, that was really sweet of you! Glad ROR has a playlist to pick from! I guess i'll find out when i get there, i don't want to get set on any songs and then find out the band at RMB can't play them!

#10 sarahkay20

• 37 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

I had the steel drum band play at my wedding April 9, 2010 at RMB. They did an EXCELLENT job and everybody loved them. I really don't remember them much, because I think I was floating on a cloud and not paying that close of attention to them. But when watching my wedding DVD, they sounded amazing and they know what songs to play and when to play them! You can bring your list of songs that you would like played and hopefully they can play them for you. Enjoy!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users