Photo

Event decoration/lighting in Cancun?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 chipotle99

chipotle99
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

Help! I would LOVE an elegant ballroom wedding at my hotel's ballroom...but I want it to look like these:
    Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

What companies may be able to make these images come to life? My hotel is capable of draping only, but charge too much for my taste. Luckily they allow outside vendors :)

Any ideas who would be able to do this for what prices? I'm hiring a band, and not a DJ (I know most DJ's do lighting too).

Thanks for any ideas!

#2 lalanyc

lalanyc
    • 363 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

There have been a few mentioned on this board including:

Planner1 Events Planner1 Events,
      EW Cancun EW Events & Weddings,
      Eventos Euforia Euforia Cancun Wedding Planner - Outdoor Events and Lighting Design

I've received some quotes but honestly, the prices have been outrageous. (As in $350 for 10 globe lamps. I can literally buy 10 for $50 online). However, if money is no object, then these companies seem to do a great job, and it looks like they do big corporate events as well. It might be better to work through an independent wedding planner? Sometimes they are able to get better rates b/c of their relationships.

#3 lalanyc

lalanyc
      • 363 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

PS. Even if you're not hiring a DJ, they might still be able to provide lighting equipment and I'm betting they'd be cheaper than event planners.

#4 Micas de Miralls

Micas de Miralls
        • 246 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

I use a very good provider ...and it is not expansive at all ...contact me If you need any tips ;-))) COngratulation!!!!

#5 chipotle99

chipotle99
          • 311 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lalanyc
            There have been a few mentioned on this board including:

Planner1 Events Planner1 Events,
            EW Cancun EW Events & Weddings,
            Eventos Euforia Euforia Cancun Wedding Planner - Outdoor Events and Lighting Design

I've received some quotes but honestly, the prices have been outrageous. (As in $350 for 10 globe lamps. I can literally buy 10 for $50 online). However, if money is no object, then these companies seem to do a great job, and it looks like they do big corporate events as well. It might be better to work through an independent wedding planner? Sometimes they are able to get better rates b/c of their relationships.
            Thanks for the tips, I hadn't seen all of those, but the ones that you did mention also gave me outrageous quotes...even higher than the hotel itself! And money is most definitely an object! More like an object I don't have! lol

Thanks Micasdemiralls, I PM'd you too.

#6 trulystarr

trulystarr
            • 44 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

Try some of the DJ companies... Since they have the lighting equipment- they are willing to rent it out. They are cheaper then the wedding/event coordinator companies. I Have have asked every company for quotes and the cheapest was through the DJ's...

#7 wedding decor

wedding decor
              • Banned
              • 109 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

Unfortunatelly it is true ...some hotels may seems cheaper than decor company....

The reason: the hotels are asking 30% comision to the outide vendors...

The result: they take pictures of decor company work and sell them as theirs - they ask their maintenance staff to do somthing similar to the pictures (no cost for them) and resell it to the clients for a cheaper price

Well...sometimes it works but in other cases.....you can compare a decor company work with a gardener putting up some draping.

This is why we always foind a way around the comision and in a way or another can make it happen for a reasonable price

#8 chipotle99

chipotle99
                • 311 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

EW Events AND mica de miralls....
                  I have emailed both of you within the past 2 weeks and still haven't gotten a response...can you please send me more info? Thanks!

#9 wedding decor

wedding decor
                  • Banned
                  • 109 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hello,

Try to copy us at ewcancun@yahoo.com

We have a reputation of getting back really quickly and can't recall receiving a mail for draping.

Sincerely,

Raffaele

#10 indy_chic

indy_chic
                    • 336 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

Try www.decocancun.com / Zuniga Productions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users