Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Oryx

BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 9!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post
I am going to send you my scale pic now Renee, and my before pic tomorrow... B was still in bed this morning! lol

I was so depressed to weigh myself, only to find I am up 3 pounds in total sad.gif YIKES! I need to get my butt moving... problem is, I HAVE been moving my butt a lot! Hopefully my body mass is just changing...
Hey Natasha, I agree with Cindy. You sound like you've been working out a lot so it's probably just muscle. I can be the same way though, I focus so much on the number on the scale, even though it is not always the best indicator.

Good luck to everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipotle99 View Post
I'm a physician and what you said does not make sense....are you seeing a CEP instead of a cardiologist? I STRONGLY suggest you see a licensed M.D. or D.O. as soon as possible. Salt tabs can be very dangerous to your health (they affect your brain in a big way) and in the hospital, we only put patients on salt tabs if they have bleeding in their brain (ex. after a stroke). I know this is beyond the scope of this forum, but if you really have a condition that causes your blood pressure to lower to the point of getting dizzy and passing out, you really need to see a real doctor. I can't think of many cardiac arrhythmias that would do this, and the ones that would (ex. Atrial fibrillation) do NOT require salt intake or salt tabs for treatment.

Sorry to butt in and I know you weren't asking for advice, but as a physician, what you said makes me concerned. You need a cardiologist or an internist. It seriously makes me cringe when people go to chiropractors or "naturopathic doctors" or other alternatives to real doctors when they have real issues like leukemia, cancer, or advanced cardiac disease, and unfortunately we see the consequences of this all the time in the ER, so I had to share my concerns.
Thanks for your concern. I was abbreviating cardiac electrophysiologist (CEP)....my cardiologist referred me to her because I needed to have a tilt table test done. I was diagnosed with neurocardiogenic syncope. I'm taking fludrocortisone. I was told to increase my salt intake to help keep my blood pressure up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunniebee724 View Post
Thanks for your concern. I was abbreviating cardiac electrophysiologist (CEP)....my cardiologist referred me to her because I needed to have a tilt table test done. I was diagnosed with neurocardiogenic syncope. I'm taking fludrocortisone. I was told to increase my salt intake to help keep my blood pressure up.
Hey hunniebee, phew! Thanks for clarifying and again, I apologize as it is none of my business, but I couldn't help but worry! CEPs are just techs, they never went through med school, so I just wanted to make sure there was someone actually following through and evaluating you from a trained perspective. Neurocardiogenic syncope is really our medical term for "fainting" and the most benign, most common cause of fainting, so that is good to hear that you don't have any intrinsic conduction issues or problems with your heart itself. Sounds like you are in good hands then and I will butt out of your business!

I seriously can get in trouble someday for being so nosy. Last time I overheard at Macys shoe section, some pregnant woman who was taking Tetracycline antibiotics...and much to my FI's despair, I had to go and butt in and tell her that a pregnant woman should NOT be taking that and stop ASAP....I hope she listened to me and went to see her OB....but she also could have just thought I was a lunatic at Macys.... anyway, sorry for diverting the topic.

How excited am I that this has finally started! I too am 3lbs up from where I was last week...boycotting exercise does not work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifany View Post
I'm still stuck at work, but I'll get it to you! We have til tomorrow at noon, correct?
Correct! Deadline is Saturday at 12:00 PM EST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CRAP-fiance bought cookies and left them in the house. Cookies are my weakness-how could he do that? Step away from the cookies-LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
CRAP-fiance bought cookies and left them in the house. Cookies are my weakness-how could he do that? Step away from the cookies-LOL!
I know... don't you hate when they do that? I don't understand how FI can have chocolate in the house and not eat it. How do you not eat it?? I have to keep all that stuff out of the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipotle99 View Post
Hey hunniebee, phew! Thanks for clarifying and again, I apologize as it is none of my business, but I couldn't help but worry! CEPs are just techs, they never went through med school, so I just wanted to make sure there was someone actually following through and evaluating you from a trained perspective. Neurocardiogenic syncope is really our medical term for "fainting" and the most benign, most common cause of fainting, so that is good to hear that you don't have any intrinsic conduction issues or problems with your heart itself. Sounds like you are in good hands then and I will butt out of your business!

I seriously can get in trouble someday for being so nosy. Last time I overheard at Macys shoe section, some pregnant woman who was taking Tetracycline antibiotics...and much to my FI's despair, I had to go and butt in and tell her that a pregnant woman should NOT be taking that and stop ASAP....I hope she listened to me and went to see her OB....but she also could have just thought I was a lunatic at Macys.... anyway, sorry for diverting the topic.

How excited am I that this has finally started! I too am 3lbs up from where I was last week...boycotting exercise does not work.
The only time I actually fainted was during the tilt table test, but I was glad to finally get some kind of diagnosis. It was getting to the point that I thought I was going to have to stop working (I'm a teacher) because I couldn't even write a sentence on the board without feeling like I was going to pass out. I was having shortness of breath and waking up 3 or 4 times a night. Thank God I teach high school and was able to explain to my students what was going on. My mom is nosy, but not just about medical things (she's a nurse)....she'll butt into people's conversations about any subject! Sooo no problem :-)

I'm also taking Topamax for migraines, and thankfully one of the side effects is weight loss. I think that's helped me keep my weight stable. I haven't changed my diet or exercised in months and haven't gained weight. I don't know what my weight was in September, but several people at work have mentioned that I've lost weight...I call it the Topamax diet lol.

I'm going to start doing the Wii Yoga again tomorrow! I'm ready!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×