• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

#191 mnh1983

mnh1983
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:24 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mere
    I didn't survive the weekend's temptations. We had birthday celebration yesterday and had my traditional cake-then brought it home-aaahhhhh! My Dad is coming over today-I hope he eats the rest-LOL.
    Don't worry, birthday calories don't count! At least, that is what I hear...

#192 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:34 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mere
      I didn't survive the weekend's temptations. We had birthday celebration yesterday and had my traditional cake-then brought it home-aaahhhhh! My Dad is coming over today-I hope he eats the rest-LOL.
      Today is a new day! You have to live a little to! Just walk an extra mile today and that should take care of some of it lol
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#193 Mere

Mere
      • 729 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

Thanks gals-I will drink a ton of water today, too!

#194 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
        • 888 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon
          Today is a new day! You have to live a little to! Just walk an extra mile today and that should take care of some of it lol
          Plus, remember, it's not the first donut that adds the pounds, it's the rest of the dozen that you ate because you felt guilty about the first one!

#195 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sapphire723
            Plus, remember, it's not the first donut that adds the pounds, it's the rest of the dozen that you ate because you felt guilty about the first one!
            So true!!!!!!!!
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#196 Mischaka

Mischaka
            • 969 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

good luck to all the ladies!!!! Time to get beach ready!!!

#197 Oryx

Oryx
              • 727 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
                Totally agree! It's often called the "what the hell effect". Like after eating that first cookie, the diet is already ruined, so might as well eat the box. Very dangerous! Every moment is a new opportunity to start over and do better.

#198 Tifany

Tifany
                • 248 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:40 AM

Quote:
                  You speak the truth. I feel that type of thinking sabotages my own weight loss and I try not to be as hard on myself. I will throw progress out the window if I'm not absolutely perfect on something. So one cookie leads to 5 and I don't workout because, well, what's the point? Working on changing my mindset anyway.

Mere - don't stress about cake. It's your birthday! :)

#199 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
                  • 888 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Oryx
                    Totally agree! It's often called the "what the hell effect". Like after eating that first cookie, the diet is already ruined, so might as well eat the box. Very dangerous! Every moment is a new opportunity to start over and do better.
                    Something that was a HUGE eyeopener for me was watching my diabetic father make excuses for what he ate. I went home to celebrate a Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday combo, and he ate a lot of not very good for you food with the excuse that it's a holiday. And then I noticed leftover pizza that had bacon, italian sausage, and pepperoni on it with a butter Parmesan crust. His reasoning? It had protein, carbs, and dairy on it, so it was within his diet!!

I realized right then and there that I have the same tendencies to excuse frequent unhealthy eating behaviors and I needed to open my eyes to it. Yes, starvation and deprivation are not the key, but I was giving my self too many free-for-all eating passes to the point where eating a healthy meal was the exception.

Do you ladies ever find yourself in moments like that? I know they show them on the TV Show Biggest Loser all the time... the A-HA moments where people realize what it is that's keeping them from reaching their ideal weight.

#200 Mischaka

Mischaka
                    • 969 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

I wouldn't necessary make excuses..but I would always say "i'm going to start tomorrow." So everyday would be something else that wasn't good for me. And there are somethings I still will eat...I just know that when I work out i'm going to have to work a little harder or go an extra day. I only work out 3-4 times a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users