Photo

BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 9!

• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

#181 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

Echo that. Non-food rewards really help you make your small goals. I set a work out goal and when I reached it, I got a massage. It really helped my now aching muscles!

And I had to go shopping, because there's only so much a belt can do to hold your pants up!

#182 jennypenny23

jennypenny23
    • 295 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sapphire723

And I had to go shopping, because there's only so much a belt can do to hold your pants up!
      Me too! Its really encouraging! Clothes are getting baggier and baggier...not quite there yet though so Im putting off the new purchases so that I don't waste $$$ on "in between" clothes.

#183 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
      • 1,114 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sapphire723
        Heh, that mantra has never worked for me. Probably because I am such a big fan of food and I think that some foods are worth the calories.

My trick is to not over do it and to not waste calories on things that aren't worth it. There's nothing worse than spending some of your calories on mediocre food.
        NO ME TOO!! I try to explain this to FI all the time- I will send something back if I'm 'cheating' and it's not exactly how I want it. I'm wasting those calories dammit, and I want my food how I ordered it! haha

Quote:
        Originally Posted by bikegirl
        It's so much easier to be healthy during the work week for me. I eat breakfast at home by myself (FI leaves earlier) then pack a lunch. On the weekends though....I'm SOOO lazy and we usually eat out or order in. :/
        DITTO.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mischaka
        Ok...I sent my info in. I feel so ashamed. I don't like to see my weight.
        I know it is hard- but like it has been said- you have already made great progress. It is so hard to see the scale move so slowly week by week- but when you make those small goals- it's just that much sweeter along the way! We are all here for encouragement and support- I didn't really have any of that the first 20 lbs lost- and it took me a very long time! Chin up- you are a gorgeous woman- and it's obvious that your FI thinks the same no matter what that number is (even though I know that the weight loss is to make you feel better!)
        Well said, nsbride! I also find it helps to have a target outfit - as you start to lose weight, it starts looking better and it makes you want to work harder to get into it.
        Oh helllllllll yes. I have so many of those!! Fitting into them slowly is fantastic.
        Married to my BEST FRIEND!
        July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
        Non-Pro Pics:
        http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
        Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#184 Oryx

Oryx
        • 727 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all for sending their weights and pictures. We've got a great group this season! In alphabetical order...

bikegirl/Lindsay
          chipolte99
          Cindy*
          elifrigo/Eliana
          Hunniebee724
          jamk32179
          jennypenny23/Jenny
          LadyTrunck/Jannae
          Leez309
          Mere/Meredith
          Mischaka
          mnh1983
          nsbride2010/Natasha
          pamphilia/Pam
          Sapphire723/LeAnne
          SheriB
          Stachr/Stacey
          sunstarmoon
          Tifany
          Vallarta_2009/Heather

Non-competing category:

khomac/Kelly
          Oryx/RenĀ©e

Please let me know if I missed anyone. And I agree that any progress is something to feel good about -- just committing to this group takes courage and is definitely a positive step.

Good luck to everyone this season! Be healthy and be proud.

P.S. If anyone would still like to join in the non-competing category, feel free to send me your pictures.

#185 mnh1983

mnh1983
          • 743 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

Wow, we've got a lot of people! Awesome!

#186 Mischaka

Mischaka
            • 969 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

omg!! thank you sooo much ladies!!! I'm gonna stay positive because even though I was eating everything in sight for 2 weeks...I realized I only gained 1lb.
              you ladies are awesome!!!!

#187 toriOary

toriOary
              • Site Supporter
              • 61 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

Hi There,
                I would loveeee to join, am I too late? I could send the photo if so tommorrow....

Thanks,
                Tori

#188 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by toriOary
                  Hi There,
                  I would loveeee to join, am I too late? I could send the photo if so tommorrow....

Thanks,
                  Tori
                  Please do join us! The official deadline for the competing category was yesterday, but you can still participate. Send me your pictures and I can track your progress in the non-competing group (which I am in too!). It's pretty much the same thing. The only difference is that the winner of the BL gets a BL season 9 avatar... which I still need to figure out how to make, lol.

#189 jennypenny23

jennypenny23
                  • 295 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:14 AM

Good luck ladies!! Hope everyone survived the weekend "temptations" lol

Im going to my first Zumba class tomorrow.. very excited!!

#190 Mere

Mere
                    • 729 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jennypenny23
                      Good luck ladies!! Hope everyone survived the weekend "temptations" lol

Im going to my first Zumba class tomorrow.. very excited!!
                      I didn't survive the weekend's temptations. We had birthday celebration yesterday and had my traditional cake-then brought it home-aaahhhhh! My Dad is coming over today-I hope he eats the rest-LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users