Photo

What to do- friend can't afford to come

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 lsjhik

lsjhik
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:59 PM

How much do you want her there? She probably will be embaressed to tell people you paid so it probably won't get out that you did. Either way, it's still your wedding. Don't feel guilty if you DO pay for her, don't feel guilty if you DON'T.

#42 lisa203

lisa203
    • 681 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

I'm glad things worked out. She'll be so glad that she came!

#43 Jessie

Jessie
      • 231 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

Like Jessica above said, just follow your heart.  I've felt a few times that I'm putting some people between a rock and a hard place by having a destination wedding.  On the one hand, if you have a DW, you have to be ok with the fact that some (probably a lot) people won't be able to make it for whatever reason.  But the ones I feel bad about are the ones that I know REALLY want to be there for my wedding and just can't.  I don't want anyone feeling guilty that they can't come to my wedding. 

I think if you really want her there and know that she really wants to be there but truly can't afford it, then go ahead and help her out.  It is nobody else's business that you helped one of your guests - they won't even know.  And it is your money anyway, so you can choose to use it however you wish. 

Good luck with the decision!

#44 chell44

chell44
        • 202 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

You have to do what you want. No one has to know if you do end up paying for her. I had the same issue with my best friend. But I know she could of saved up for it, so paying for her was out of the question for me.

#45 amandasalways

amandasalways
          • 150 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:10 AM

It is a hard decision. Maybe you could go halves? It is a hard decision to make. Also if you do decide to help her pay, and are worried about what other people are going to think have a talk with her about telling people.

#46 helen9

helen9
            • 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

Depends if its a close friend that i would really want to be there and if i could afford to 'help' her pay for it. I wouldn't be covering all expenses however

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users