Undecided about location. HELP!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lreyes07

• 21 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

My name is Lisa and i am not getting married until july 2012 but need to start planning and saving, I would like to get married in either Jamaica ocho rios or Dreams palm beach dominican republic or dreams la romana dominican republic. Does anyone have any input? I really like dreams in palm beach punta cana, but the coordinator said i could not reserve the beach until i arrived which sounds kind of crazy to me since the reason i am going away is to get married on the beach. Then i was trying to decide between Punta Cana and La romana because i read in a review the beach is nicer on the carribean side. Any help is appreciated

#2 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

Hi Lisa,
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your wedding.
    Happy planning!!

#3 MajesticPC2011Bride

• 22 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:18 AM

Welcome! Congratulations on your engagement and happy planning!

- Majestic Colonial - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      January 2011
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/UyYMm6.png-----------------------Looking to share photographer between the dates Jan 25 - Feb 8th (Majestic Colonial - PC) http://www.photograp...othecker.com...

#4 ronsoliman

• 233 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:57 AM

Congrats! I strongly recommend DM...prices are good and the beach there is so nice and clean! I can send you some photos I've taken there.

#5 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

Congrats. You will get a lot of information here trust me we have all been through it. I love Jamaica so I'm biased :-). But a lot of the resort there will allow you to book your ceremony and reception site in advance. I hope that helps. And the beaches in Negril are even better than ocho rios.

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
          ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#6 Nicyx

• 2,914 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hello, Congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#7 peterpanpixiedust

• 656 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

Congrats and Welcome! Hmmm that's weird. I am getting married in Dreams Cancun, and the first thing you do is check off where you want ceremony and reception. Maybe it's different at different places. I'd be wary of waiting until the last minute to book the ceremony location. Are there any other places you like that let you reserve it up front?

#8 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
              • 2,782 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

Congratulations and welcome

#9 Jackie22

• 336 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. This forum will help you in a million ways, there is a ton of info on here. Happy Planning!!!

#10 amandagee

• 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

Why did you decide to choose between those three places?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users