Sign in to follow this  
abbie32

Canadian Brides getting married in Mexico!

Hello, we are booked at the Grand Riviera Princess (Grand Sunset Princess) which is located in the Mayan Riviera, and our prices where well under $2000.00. you just have to keep looking around! :) Good luck!

Hello, Congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

We are having the same trouble. We contacted or TA and the prices came back over 2000.00 per person. Then we contacted itravel and the same resort was 300.00 cheaper. I think we are going to wait a little while before booking for our feb 28, 2011 wedding to see if prices come down a little.

Most of my clients are Canadian , I organize their weddings outside all inclusive hotels , in private places where they dont have other people around, we have also special deals with all inclusive hotels as agency , some of my Canadian clients went to Barcelo , Playacar palace etc.....

Good topic! We are getting married at Las Brisas Huatulco, originally wanted Dreams but it was waay to expensive for family. I have been obsessively watching the prices and since Huatulco is a charter desitanation with Signature being the package provider this year it's been easy to keep an eye on! Lowest price so far has been $698 + $272 tases AI. We leave April 14 and haven't booked yet as prices are still coming down! Chatting with Signature availability on the flights have not been a problem yet for our party of 15.

Have fun planning!

Wow Fantastic prices LakerBride! We are getting married at the Paradisus Riviera in October. Unfortunatly we chose a resort that WestJet doesn't deal with so we are very limited in regards to flights. It was either AirCanada or Signature. I'm a bit of Signature hater (past experience) so we are going with AC. Our package was $1750 give or take a few dollars depending on where they are coming from. That's including everything. Not bad...not as good as LakerBride tho :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerbride View Post
Good topic! We are getting married at Las Brisas Huatulco, originally wanted Dreams but it was waay to expensive for family. I have been obsessively watching the prices and since Huatulco is a charter desitanation with Signature being the package provider this year it's been easy to keep an eye on! Lowest price so far has been $698 + $272 tases AI. We leave April 14 and haven't booked yet as prices are still coming down! Chatting with Signature availability on the flights have not been a problem yet for our party of 15.
Have fun planning!
wow that's a fantastic price! Oh i so wish I was back on the west coast and had the opportunity at wonderful deals like that!

We're using Signature as well and our lowest price was for our Calgary departures because they got into a price war with Airtransat. It was $980 taxes in! They got a SWEET deal! The rest of our departure points were up to $1500 taxes in.

Thanks everyone!! You have been very helpful. We're going to look into finding a local travel agent (our TA now is in New Jersey through destination weddings.com) and go from there. Some of you were able to get some amazing deals!! I'll do my research before making any serious decisions about changing our resort. Luckily, I'm ahead of the game and still have a year. I like to plan ahead! haha

Hi,

So far what I found is the big chain TA companies seem to charge the most... I did quite a bit of shopping around and where I found the cheapest deal to be is iTravel2000 groups and a small local agency in Edmonton called 'Travel With Us Inc.' which I went with because they are very attentive.

The most expensive I found was destinationweddings.com which charged on average $300 over a local agent (lost my $50 deposit on that one, oh well) and Uniglobe.

Our price from Edmonton to the Barcelo Maya Tropical in RM Mexico is $1458/pp including taxes/AI.

Hope this helps!