Photo

Royal Decameron, Panama

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 erin4640

erin4640
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

I am getting married there the same week Jan 21 on the beach in the afternoon. I had one of my friends translate my requests into spanish and she sent back some good info but still missed alot. She said 300 for ipod system i think and 450 for the dj. It seems that there are options to have a beach party after (which I think was about $30 pp) to have exclusivity in the restaurant is $7pp. You also have to pay for a bartender and server which is $76. There are options for other chairs with different covers and ribbons but I didnt get too much clear info on that. She is not too bad at answering its just that some of her answers are unclear or not really what you had asked.
    My TA has said that once the wedding gets closer they will get more organized and focus more on your wedding. They are just so busy with other people.
    Where are you coming from? Its nice that we can share ideas and information!

#22 CND_Redhead

CND_Redhead
    • 184 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Hi Erin,
      Thx for the info. I just finished sending off an email to the WC with regards to music and such. With our wedding package through Nolitours we get dinner at Club Med so I want to see if we can extend it for a couple hours for a party there after. Bartender.. that's one I didn't think aobut asking. Thanks!
      I'm north of Brampton (Orangeville actually). I was just in Hamilton on the weekend actually!
      When I first joined this forum, I couldn't find any other Panama Brides, and everyone else seemed to have so many thoughts/ideas/tips etc. with others that were at the same resort so it's awesome to have someone now to talk to!
      :http://www.ezticker.....ing/ticker.png

Bride & Groom + 38 BOOKED!!!

#23 jennifersevigny

jennifersevigny
      • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

Hey everyone,
        It is pretty awesome to find other couples planning on getting married at the royal decameron. My fiancĀ© and I are getting married there May 31st, 2011.
        I have been to the decameron last year and its absolutely gorgeous. I have lots of pictures if anyone would like to see them. I also have some of a wedding that was held while were there. They had it on the beach.

We chose the garden for our wedding because its a little more secluded and we found that people were walking in front of the beach wedding getting in the couple's video and pictures. Also we are having our reception at the sushi samba restaurant which is also more secluded and also has a pOol right beside it. if anyone would like to see any pictures let me know and I can post some or email them!
        Thanks,
        Jen

#24 JR14

JR14
        • 244 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

Hi Jen!

I'd love to see some of the pictures you have of the beach/garden wedding. (my email is:
          Hey everyone,
          It is pretty awesome to find other couples planning on getting married at the royal decameron. My fiancĀ© and I are getting married there May 31st, 2011.
          I have been to the decameron last year and its absolutely gorgeous. I have lots of pictures if anyone would like to see them. I also have some of a wedding that was held while were there. They had it on the beach.

We chose the garden for our wedding because its a little more secluded and we found that people were walking in front of the beach wedding getting in the couple's video and pictures. Also we are having our reception at the sushi samba restaurant which is also more secluded and also has a pOol right beside it. if anyone would like to see any pictures let me know and I can post some or email them!
          Thanks,
          Jen

J + R ~ Bristol Buenaventura, Panama ~ 26.May.2011~~ 95 booked (+ bride & groom)

#25 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
          • 509 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

Just got engaged three weeks ago and haven't yet settled on a destination.
            We are going to see my TA/cousin next week, so hopefully we will have a good idea then.

Panama is one destination I just came across, and so far, I love what I have seen.

My fiance's one concerns is crime ... he seems to think Panama is a dangerous country, but I have read otherwise.

Anyone able to soothe those fears?

#26 CND_Redhead

CND_Redhead
            • 184 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

I had two friends get married there and they had nothing bad to say about crime. They did numerous day trips into Panama and the canal etc...
              The worst things I've heard about the Royal Decameron and Panama is that there are a lot of stairs!!
              And that a lot of the employee's only speak spanish.
              both things I think are minimal based on where you are and how beautiful the resort looks!

#27 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
              • 509 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

Thanks

We are meeting with the TA next week, so hopefully she can quell any of his fears about crime.

I am thinking Panama is a top contender at this time. Has everything we want ... sandy beaches, rain forest, attractions

#28 CND_Redhead

CND_Redhead
                • 184 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

Lots of heat and pools, large resort, beautiful grounds
                  Sorry I'm bias cause I'm booked but honestly I've heard great things from people I know have gone.
                  Don't always by into the reviews,

#29 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
                  • 509 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

If it were only up to me, I would choose Panama for sure.
                    Hopefully the TA and I can sway his opinion on Panama, because it looks like the perfect location for a destination wedding.

#30 amester1974

amester1974
                    • 21 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

Panama was very safe.  One day we rented a car and hit a surf village about a half hour away - never was worried about my safety. 

You will love it there!

Can't wait to go back - getting married in Punta Cana though next year so it will be a belated honeymoon in 2012!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users