Royal Decameron, Panama

OMG!!!  Just found out today that the plane might be fully booked already for my week in May/2011?!?!  I'm freaking out because that leaves more than half of my guests screwed with no way to get there since flights only leave from Toronto 1x/week!!!!  sad.gif

WHAT TO DO!!!!  I need some sort of back up plan?!?!?  Do I change weeks? or the Destination???

JR14 - who are you booked with? Is it Sunquest?  I only ask because I went through similar drama.  7 1/2 months before my wedding and well before the deadline for booking the trip at our group rate, Sunquest advised me that the flight was sold out.  This caused crazy stress.  A bunch of my guests were already booked, now I had all these guests who had to figure out other was to get there and I thought for sure they'd just not come.  Well, about 2 weeks later, after a bunch of guests booked other flights (no other direct flights, they had to book connections with lay overs through the states), suddenly Sunquest told me the flight was no longer sold out.  Even now, 2 months before the wedding, there are still guests booking on the flight with no problem.  However, all those guests that booked other flights are still stuck with the longer connection flight. Before you completely change your plans, I would try to determine if the flight is actually sold out or not.  Hope that helps. 

Hi Cindy - I'm actually using Weddings by Oceans to book our trip for myself and my guests, and am a bit upset because it was my family who were looking on their own that told me the flight is virtually SOLD OUT, and NOT my wedding company!  I feel they should have alerted me long time ago to warn me that they are reaching capacity and if I wanted to ensure my WHOLE group gets on the plane that I needed to act and reserve fast, which they didn't!  I'm still waiting on them to call me back now to figure out what's happening.

Our package is with Nolitours and the flight is through Air Transat which only flies to Panama once a week.  I've been told there are probably other 'groups' holding seats just like we are and there could be a chance that more seats open up... but when and how many is subject to chance!  I don't want to leave it to last-minute, but knowing your situation I'll definitely caution my guests not to jump and book through the US (yet!).  Thanks for your input I appreciate it!

What about flying from Montreal Ottawa or Syracuse or from the States?

I bet some seats will open up after deadlines for groups come due.  It will out work out I am sure.   

Panama is a bit different from other destinations because it's only Mondays they fly in/out. 

Hi Amester,

Thanks for your suggestions! - I've already thought of the backup options of flying out of Montreal (since the Toronto flight actually departs from Montreal-Toronto-Panama, and is the reason why they are short on Toronto seats!)... and Buffalo as well, but not Ottawa or Syracuse so I'll definitely try to look into those options too! 

My TA said our best bet is to try to BUY more Toronto seats from the Montreal operations but they're being difficult, so I'm going to try that first, and I'm still hoping more Toronto seats open up *fingers crossed!!!*

Originally Posted by amester1974 View Post

What about flying from Montreal Ottawa or Syracuse or from the States?

I bet some seats will open up after deadlines for groups come due.  It will out work out I am sure.   

Panama is a bit different from other destinations because it's only Mondays they fly in/out. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also planning on getting married in Panama in June 2011 so I'm so excited to have found a recent forum discussing Royal Decameron (I'm considering that one as well as Breezes).

Can anyone recommend a great TA that specializes in Panama? CND_Redhead, I noticed that you are using Marlin Travel, however I'm in the USA (Maryland). I don't know if that makes much of a difference but I would defintiely prefer one that is in my area.

Thanks so much!!

Weddings by Oceans is the BEST!!!  They literally pulled all the stops out and were able to reserve the entire plane to Panama for Toronto passengers, with my group being ~75 people!!  I was happy to know that there won't be a seat shortage and Montreal gave up all of their seats for that week only so it will fly out of Toronto directly now!!  I was sooo scared and worried but WBO are so great to work with.  

madged - they don't specialize in Panama but Weddings by Oceans is a great destination wedding company.  They'll match/beat any other quotes you might find from SellOff, which they did for me!!  If you're looking for a wedding/event planning company in Panama there is www.gevento.com  (Jaymar).  I'm not using her but she could be very helpful!!