Sign in to follow this  
CND_Redhead

Royal Decameron, Panama

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to put a quick shout out 'cause I'm very excited!

My FI and I were in last week and booked our wedding week Jan 24-31st 2011 to the Royal Decameron, Panama.

The WC just got back to me and we've confirmed our Wedidng Date

Jan 26th, 2011 at 5pm on the BEACH!!!!!

Yeah!!!!

cheer2.gifsmile159.gifsmile03.gifwoot.gif

Thats so exciting that you booked! I am looking to go to the Royal Decameron pretty much the same week as you. Just to compare how much did you get it for? Are you finding that alot of things are included in the wedding package or are alot of things upgrades? (ie booking an a la carte for your dinner?) Its so good to finally be able to talk to someone who is in the planning stage at the same resort!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin4640 View Post
Thats so exciting that you booked! I am looking to go to the Royal Decameron pretty much the same week as you. Just to compare how much did you get it for? Are you finding that alot of things are included in the wedding package or are alot of things upgrades? (ie booking an a la carte for your dinner?) Its so good to finally be able to talk to someone who is in the planning stage at the same resort!
Erin
I've found we are few and far betewen. :)
I went through Marlin Travel and it was $1365 for basic room.. Which I've found out the difference in rooms has nothing to do with the insides, the are all the same. The only difference is view and location.
We got a bit of a deal as Nolitours was doing a "sale" on the wedding package. It included a dinner for 24, basic decoation at ceremony site, sparkling wine (based on 24) and separate check in. Also came with a $50 voucher for salon and $100 towards pic package. So all in all it' wasn't bad (got it for $400) In this package though the legal stuff wasn't included (which actually works for us as we're only doing a symbolic wedding).

Happy Planning, I've heard great things from people about this resort. Friends and friends of friends have gone and it's all been pretty good feedback!

Thats good to hear, I have seen that package too but in the book it didnt include dinner and online it did. My TA said Decameron was really good for arranging for a seperate section for the wedding dinner and stuff. Have you looked into any upgrades yet? The price I got was higher then that but I contacted Marlin to see if I get a better one. Are you flying out of Toronto? Does the 1365 incl taxes?

yes it's 1365 including taxes, Marlin had me higher but I checked with Selloffvacations and that is the price they were offering at that time (over 1 mth ago) so they matched it.

I think the wedding pkg at 400 was only on till March or so. I believe our package dinner is at one of the restaurants and I believe it's ours. I haven't looked into any other upgrades at this time, other than getting a quote on music/dance location.

I had 2 friends that got married there in 2008 so I might pick their brains a bit as to what to ensure I ask for what to bring etc..

I've been told it's fairly americanized so it's not like Cuba/Dominican where pple are always trying to buy your stuff or trade things for what you have.

Good luck with the TA.

Cheers,

Sorry for all the questions but which Marlin are you using? I called for a price from the one in Hamilton and am waiting on them to get back to me, but maybe if it is still higher they will be able to price match with whatever one you used?

My in-laws are well-seasoned travellers. They stayed at the RD and were soooo impressed they went back, even though they like to try out new places each time. They still comment on how great the resort was, how wonderful the staff was, and how beautiful Panama is. I don't know if you've been there yet, but if you haven't -- good choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl View Post
My in-laws are well-seasoned travellers. They stayed at the RD and were soooo impressed they went back, even though they like to try out new places each time. They still comment on how great the resort was, how wonderful the staff was, and how beautiful Panama is. I don't know if you've been there yet, but if you haven't -- good choice!!

Haven't been yet but I've heard wonderful things, and your review from the in laws just adds more smiles to my face!!! lol :) thanks for sharing that it's so reassuring!
I can't wait!
Cheers,

smile36.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin4640 View Post
Sorry for all the questions but which Marlin are you using? I called for a price from the one in Hamilton and am waiting on them to get back to me, but maybe if it is still higher they will be able to price match with whatever one you used?

While your waiting for Marlin, I would email the group coordinator for Selloffvacations. They tend to be cheaper than other TA's. If they come back with a lower rate than Marlin, go to marlin and thell them u want them to match.
The reason Marlin tends to be a bit higher is they have insentive program where you can redeem your airmiles for vouchers towards your trip. So if you have 380 (or somewhere near there) air miles you can cash that in for $50 off your trip.

We opted to get the lower rate and not have the use of airmiles.
Just something to think about, not sure how many ppl in your group would benifit from that.

And no worries with all the questions, that's what this forum is about.

We were just there in April...amazing resort - we would so like to do our wedding there but we are getting marriend MArch Break 2011 and the price will be above our per person threshold.

I saw two wedding set ups while I was there - both beautiful BUT the beach was soooooo lovely - you must get the seat covers with the aqua accents - gorgeous!!

THe garden was lovely too....

Good luck and ask me any questions!