Beyonce diet

Holly22

I know a few people who tried it. Yeah it works because you're not eating anything else. That's all you're drinking and it's DISGUSTING!!!! I'll pass on anything like that. I want to eat still. So all you have to do is watch what you eat and work out. and the weight will come right off!!! I'm not into those kind of diets...you lose it quick and you gain it back quicker.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I just read more into it and don't think I have the will power anyways lol

I recently lost 20 pounds on a spinach/ green smoothie diet.

I haven't gained any back from it so I will try that for the remainding time till my wedding and see if it helps.

This sounds extremely unhealthy to me. These crash diets can be really dangerous- they're hard on your body (especially on your heart). Not to mention that doing something this extreme right before a wedding might just make you look tired and run down on your big day. Slow and steady is the way to do it if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you've got to make changes that you can sustain or you're just wasting your time. JMO.

this is called the master cleanse diet and i don't recommend it. i am a holistic nutitionist.

there is absolutely no nutritional value in this drink. it causes more harm in most people than good. if you are to do it, i would only suggest under constant supervision of a medical professional.

the best ways to lose weight are to eat properly and exercise. cut out white flours, sugars, processed meats, packaged foods and most dairy. include whole grains, veggeis, fruits, beans, legumes, fish & poultry. eat smaller meals, more times a day, get enough protein and eat in moderation.

any questions. feel free to ask me.

remember you hold the key to your own well being. there is no real quick fix diet.

I went to a yoga retreat in New Mexico which was very much focused on health, both mental and physical. We ate from their organic garden and did yoga/meditation sessions twice a day. It was amazingly relaxing.

Many people were on this cleansing diet and lost massive amounts of weight. I tried it for several days and I think lasted probably 5 days or so. The 1st day you are just starving. The 2nd day you feel really crappy since lots of toxins are coming out of your system so it's all about taking it easy and relaxing. Of course the yoga camp was perfect for that. 3rd day was better but I was still a little tired and had a headache. But on 4-5 day, I felt awesome. I felt light and clear, but again, we were outside in gorgeous NM mountains doing nothing but yoga and meditation and relaxing.

I didn't lose that much weight since I am not really overweight to begin with. I was doing it more for health reasons but honestly, it can't be good for you. As soon as you return back to a normal diet (and you have to get back really really slowly, literally adding tiny portions of only certain foods a day). It's a huge shock to your system and to your stomach. Then as you start eating, your body starts frantically storing every calorie that it can because it thinks that there is a chance that you will be starving very soon again. NOT GOOD.

Was it horrible? I didn't think so. Do I think that it's worth doing it and it's healthy? No. Have I seen it work for people? Yes. Of course it will work, you are not eating anything. But it is a horrible shock to your entire system.

• 7 months later...

The master cleanse! My friend just did it and lost 18lbs. She also hardly left the house. rested alot, was very moody and had bad headaches. She looks great but is scared to eat too much as it comes back on really quick. She said she would never do it again but hadn't given herself enough time to lose weight properly so did it as a last resort. She also knew it wasn't good for her at all. I think if you don't need to go out at all it can work but as soon as you start with everyday life would be really difficult as you feel so faint. If anything and you only have 2 weeks do low carb as that usually loses about 10-14lbs and you can still eat.