Jump to content

Photo

Any January 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 pamphilia

pamphilia
  • Jr. Member
  • 362 posts

    Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MBBride
    I'm planning on having the ceremony at the gazebo so hopefully it can fit 40ish people. We're also doing a symbolic ceremony- will do it officially here in September to allow enough time to change all our i.d. and passport over to our new legal names. I think ours will be a weekday as well, but it'll be super low key b/c we want the wedding in DR to be the real deal.

    I'm debating now between having a private reception or doing one at Jellyfish. It actually might be a bit cheaper and it seems like the decorations are better? I guess I will have to price everything out and see!

    Lisa
    i don't know too much about the Jellyfish, so i can't help you there i'm afraid.

    if you haven't already, check out the facebook group 'Majestic Colonial Brides!' ... PhotoPhil has a note on there about what happens if it rains (perfect timing to our discussion!) and you will probably find lots of info on the Jellyfish there.

    our legal day will also be very lowkey as well. i don't want to exchange rings or say any vows if we don't have to (i think we may have to say something though). i would rather just sign the papers and be done with it, so it doesn't seem like a wedding.

    i can hear my dad now, "You want all of these people to pay thousands of dollars to come to your wedding, and you are already married??!!"... that's why he doesn't get to know. LOL.
    ~pam

    #32 MBBride

    MBBride
    • Newbie
    • 70 posts

      Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by pamphilia
      i don't know too much about the Jellyfish, so i can't help you there i'm afraid.

      if you haven't already, check out the facebook group 'Majestic Colonial Brides!' ... PhotoPhil has a note on there about what happens if it rains (perfect timing to our discussion!) and you will probably find lots of info on the Jellyfish there.

      our legal day will also be very lowkey as well. i don't want to exchange rings or say any vows if we don't have to (i think we may have to say something though). i would rather just sign the papers and be done with it, so it doesn't seem like a wedding.

      i can hear my dad now, "You want all of these people to pay thousands of dollars to come to your wedding, and you are already married??!!"... that's why he doesn't get to know. LOL.
      I'm assuming Alta and MB are probably similiar in the legality of things...
      I was already in contact with a marriage commisoner and unfortunately there are some words that need to be exchanged. All I need is 2 witnesses...no dressing up. We'll probably just do it from our home.

      If guests ask, we will just tell them we did the legal paperwork at home first...not a big deal :)

      #33 bride2be2011

      bride2be2011
      • Newbie
      • 13 posts

        Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

        Hello fellow januaritas!

        I am getting married at Excellence Punta Cana on Jan 15, 2011.

        After reading some of these posts, I am feeling a little behind. phew! I better get moving...

        #34 Lastminutecouple

        Lastminutecouple
        • Newbie
        • 11 posts

          Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

          Congratulations... This website is great.....If you haven't already got a photographer that may be something we could make a little easier on you. MBBride and I are sharing photographer Phil Steingard. He will be down there for our weddings which are the 12th & 13th. I believe he will be staying down there till roughly the 24th.... If you want more information on him, let us know... his website is Phil Steingard Studios .

          #35 bride2be2011

          bride2be2011
          • Newbie
          • 13 posts

            Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:04 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lastminutecouple
            Congratulations... This website is great.....If you haven't already got a photographer that may be something we could make a little easier on you. MBBride and I are sharing photographer Phil Steingard. He will be down there for our weddings which are the 12th & 13th. I believe he will be staying down there till roughly the 24th.... If you want more information on him, let us know... his website is Phil Steingard Studios .
            Yes, I would love his information. Thanks so much in advance!!

            #36 MBBride

            MBBride
            • Newbie
            • 70 posts

              Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by bride2be2011
              Hello fellow januaritas!

              I am getting married at Excellence Punta Cana on Jan 15, 2011.

              After reading some of these posts, I am feeling a little behind. phew! I better get moving...
              Congrats! This is a great place to get info...although can feel a bit overwhelming at times with all this new info thrown at you.

              #37 Lastminutecouple

              Lastminutecouple
              • Newbie
              • 11 posts

                Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

                Here is an email Phil sent to me when i was asking all the information.

                Ryan.....if we are able to book 3-4 weddings on this trip we can give everyone a much better price. All of our trips, we usually photograph 3-12 weddings. When we have quite a few, I bring my nephew with me, his name is Michael Steingard and between the 2 of us this year we are photographing 65 Caribbean weddings this winter. When we both travel together most of our weddings are photographed by 2 photographers. This is a great way to cover the day and do so at no extra costs.....Mostly if our weddings are in Punta Cana our favorite place. We look after all of the photography for the Majestic resort in Punta Cana, so because of that we get great prices to stay there and plus adding a number of weddings on our trips we can help keep the costs down. I have a wedding shortly in Mexico but only one so we are charging $4500.00........in Punta Cana we always have multiple weddings so we can charge $2600.00 for a full 10+ hour wedding and a Trash the dress session. That’s the same price as we charge here at home in Canada, and we look after our own travel expenses...... When back home we spend close to 20 hours colour correcting, editing and digitally enhancing the images. That’s what helps to create that WOW factor everyone loves. When finished we will give you a dvd from the wedding, the dinner + party and another one from Trash the dress session. All these images are hi res so you then own the copy rights to everything. ALL couples today want that. I spend approx 2 weeks each month in Punta Cana from Nov to May....great way to make winter go by faster....hahahah. Keep us informed on your wedding plans. By adding the extra weddings all of the couples we photograph will be able to save and pay the $2600.00 Looking forward to working with you on your wedding day.

                Thanks Phil Steingard

                Any questions feel free to call or email us.

                1 888 864 9832

                phil@steingardstudios.com

                Phil Steingard Studios

                #38 mareW9

                mareW9
                • Jr. Member
                • 159 posts

                  Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

                  I'm feeling really behind! We're planning on January 8th, but will be booking next weekend... when we figure out which resort!

                  #39 jhartford19

                  jhartford19
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 187 posts

                    Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

                    Hi everyone, I am getting married sometime in the week of Jan. 29-Feb.5. I haven't booked as of yet, but I know I am going to the Dominican. I have been looking at the Paradisus. I may be interested in sharing a photographer with another bride from Ontario if anyone else is getting married at that time

                    #40 MBBride

                    MBBride
                    • Newbie
                    • 70 posts

                      Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

                      Congrats Mare and jhart! I found that picking the resort and finding a good deal was the most stressful part of planning.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users