Photo

Bad Experience at Gran Caribe!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mp1122

mp1122
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

The gran caribe was my first option. The pictures on the internet of the chapel were beautiful and I was set on having my wedding there. My fianc©e and I took a trip to Cancun to see the chapel and we were very upset with the service we got. We had an appointment at 1:00 with Lorena. We got to our appointment early so we waited a bit but when she finally came to greet us she was so rude! She was like "you were all supposed to be here at 10:00, I already have another appointment at the royal at 1:00." We explained to here that, yes we had previously made an appointment at 10:00 but couldn't make it so we reschueld for 1:00 and had received a confirmation from them. This was done weeks before we left to Cancun. Then with attitude she said she was holding in her hand the email that stated 10:00! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring with me my confirmation, but my fianc©e told her that if she would lend him a computer with internet access he could print for her also the email that stated our appointment was rescheduled for 1:00 and it was confirmed! Then with attitude again she said she could rescheduled us for the following day. We were so upset we declined but asked to see the chapel quickly. She hesitantly agreed. I was surprised when I saw the chapel. The chapel itself is nice, however the location is horrible. The tennis courts are right behind it, and it was in a very noisy area. On the way out I thanked Lorena and she just walked away! After the service I got and seeing the location of the chapel , I have changed my mind and will be having my wedding at the Moon Palace chapel.

#2 Micas de Miralls

Micas de Miralls
    • 246 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

Unfortunately for all inclusive hotels, weddings are just number..so It is easy to find people like that.....this is the reason we exist! ejejej...Good Luck for your wedding at Moon Palace,,,,,and congratulation!!!

#3 A la Playa

A la Playa
      • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:07 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about the way you and your FI were treated. There is no excuse for that! Hopefully you were able to enjoy other parts of your trip to Cancun?

Thank you for posting this. My FI and were scheduled to get married at the Gran Caribe in the chapel this June until the hotel overbooked the week of our wedding (we just found out 2 weeks ago). We have since moved our wedding to the chapel at the El Dorado Royale. I was really bummed because I wanted to be married in the glass chapel, but your review of it's location makes me feel a little less sad!

Good luck with your wedding at Moon Palace!!

#4 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
        • 5,521 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:57 AM

Wow I truly can not stand rude people!! Sorry you had to deal with this.

Look at it as a blessing in disguise! Happy you found another place that will work for you guys!

#5 avong1228

avong1228
          • 384 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

OMG, that is crazy! You are trying to give them your business and money and spend the most special day of your life there and they treat you like that? Im so sorry!

#6 mp1122

mp1122
            • 157 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

Wow, I can't believe they overbooked your wedding! I'm so sorry! You are better off though, you don't need to be stressing about things like that before your wedding! How i said the chapel itself is nice, but there is just too much going on all around it! Thankfully after the whole ordeal we left to playa del carmen and it was so nice and traquil I was able to relax and forget about Gran Caribe and Lorena!

#7 GroomsArePeopleToo

GroomsArePeopleToo
              • 57 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

Too baad you had that bad experience. I guess it was good to find out early that you would not have been happy. Nice that you were able to find a new location.

Best wishes,

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:45 PM

well, not all all-inclusive resorts treat you this way. there are alot that do treat you very well.

that being said, Andrew is right... it is probably a GREAT thing that they treated you like this from the get go BEFORE you booked your wedding with them. can you imagine if you booked, deposit paid, guests booked and they started treating you horribly...then it would be too late to change your mind.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 A la Playa

A la Playa
                • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mp1122
                  Wow, I can't believe they overbooked your wedding! I'm so sorry! You are better off though, you don't need to be stressing about things like that before your wedding! How i said the chapel itself is nice, but there is just too much going on all around it! Thankfully after the whole ordeal we left to playa del carmen and it was so nice and traquil I was able to relax and forget about Gran Caribe and Lorena!
                  Everything happens for a reason! Like Tammy said, it's better to have the bad stuff happen now, before you get locked in with them and can't go somewhere else.

Glad you got to go to Playa! We'll consider ourselves lucky! ;-)

#10 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
                  • 110 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

I'm sad to hear Lorena didn't treat you very well. I have her as my WC and she's been nothing but super nice and helpful with me.

Better luck with your next adventure! :)
                    ~Stacy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users