Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ekcmexico

Playacar Palace, contract difficulties

Recommended Posts

Is anyone else having a wedding at Playacar Palace? I am possibly going to back out of a wedding there because once I got the contract for our room block they limited us to only 40% of the rooms being the cheaper room, and the next level up in price is WAY higher. Its not fair to ask my guests to pay that much more. When I selected this resort it was based on a travel site search of prices and also that they lead me to believe the contract would give people the option of 2 types of rooms and no where did it say in our earlier conversations that we would be limited and that the majority of the room block would have to be expensive rooms.

 

The pricing for a room in this resort is very high, considering the lack of onsite amenities. We could do a larger resort with way more amenities that is just as nice for cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcmexico View Post
Is anyone else having a wedding at Playacar Palace? I am possibly going to back out of a wedding there because once I got the contract for our room block they limited us to only 40% of the rooms being the cheaper room, and the next level up in price is WAY higher. Its not fair to ask my guests to pay that much more. When I selected this resort it was based on a travel site search of prices and also that they lead me to believe the contract would give people the option of 2 types of rooms and no where did it say in our earlier conversations that we would be limited and that the majority of the room block would have to be expensive rooms.

The pricing for a room in this resort is very high, considering the lack of onsite amenities. We could do a larger resort with way more amenities that is just as nice for cheaper.
When are you getting married? I too have a group contract but not with the hotel, my situation is reversed, most of my rooms blocked were the "deluxe" rooms with about 10 of the "superior deluxe" rooms. Why don't you have the remaining guests book online, or perhaps look into using a TA.
Good Luck, keep us posted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wedding is 9/5/10. We are using a TA and our room block is for 25 rooms, with 10 being the cheaper ones and 15 being the more expensive ones. They wouldnt budge on it and said that is all that was available.

If we decide to stay at the hotel then we might give guests the option of staying part of the time next door (right next to it on the beach) at the Occidental and part of the time at the Playacar, or they could book through Expedia once we run out of cheap rooms. Its not fair though because then I wont get the free stuff they offer for filling a room block. Its not like my wedding would be free either, I was going to do the Emerald Package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh! That is so frustrating to hear. I spoke with someone there yesterday and there was no mention of that. We were going to book it there because of the room block & the amenities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my contract for Cancun Palace and also asked to block rooms so I would be guaranteed that rate for my guests. Also, if there are promotions between the date I sign the contract, they will be aplied to the rate I got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya Marie View Post
I too have a group contract but not with the hotel, my situation is reversed, most of my rooms blocked were the "deluxe" rooms with about 10 of the "superior deluxe" rooms. Why don't you have the remaining guests book online, or perhaps look into using a TA.
Good Luck, keep us posted!
i would not recommend having the rest of your guests book online because rooms booked outside of the group contract do not count towards your freebies (free upgrades, free nights), instead i would try really hard to negotiate more of your rooms at a lower rate.

this actually happens quite a bit where the hotel will try to strong arm you into just booking the more expensive rooms. if you have a ta have them be really firm to secure some more less expensive rooms for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Host View Post
i would not recommend having the rest of your guests book online because rooms booked outside of the group contract do not count towards your freebies (free upgrades, free nights), instead i would try really hard to negotiate more of your rooms at a lower rate.

this actually happens quite a bit where the hotel will try to strong arm you into just booking the more expensive rooms. if you have a ta have them be really firm to secure some more less expensive rooms for you.
Thanks Tammy, I didn't realize that she was using a TA. Definitely want to get the freebies! Tammy knows best, I would take her advise. Tammy, correct me if I am wrong, but cant online websites bump you from the hotel also?
Elise, again, take into consideration what you are getting for that price, maybe if you arent getting anything included your TA can negotiate for those things rather than a lower price, but try what Tammy said 1st.
I hope that it all works out, the resort is really beautiful, and now with the new beach is amazing!!
~Tanya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone, so far I have managed to negotiate a higher % of the lowest cost room block, now the only thing I need to do is make sure that the higher price room comes down just a bit.

 

This forum has been so helpful through all of this! I just want to make my wedding affordable for my guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EKC - Good to hear that you got it straightened out! Would you mind sharing some information about deposits & when final payment is due? I'd be more than happy to give you my e-mail address. I'm really wanting to book at PP, but the FI wants as much information as possible before we book anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×