Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Clussy75

Any advice for selling my 'once upon a time' wedding dress?

Recommended Posts

Ok, so once upon a time, I was engaged to another man and I had bought a really pretty Monique Luo dress that i loved. Ivory, flattering fit, sooo damn purty... Then that engagement was called off (details involved his family being very racist against the idea of their precious son marrying a Spanish woman and they threatened to totally cut him off... Now, we'd been together for about 8 years at that point... apparently they cut off his gonads at a young age so he his spine was also affected along the way...). All for the best though because my current fiance (who was a friend of mine all along) stepped up and got this romance cranking and well, the rest is history... I can't very well wear a dress I bought for another wedding to another man, right? So I bought another dress that I LOVE and now am having a hard time selling my original dress that is un-altered, un-worn and realllly pretty. Where's the best place to sell it? It's not a fancy designer one but really nice none-the-less.

 

Any advice Ladies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can think of is ebay or craigslist...or on here?? Post Pics if you can.

 

On a side note....good decision on leaving the ex...if he couldn't stand up to his family to marry you...the rest of your life would have had problems! Glad you found Mr. Right! wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clussy75 View Post
Ok, so once upon a time, I was engaged to another man and I had bought a really pretty Monique Luo dress that i loved. Ivory, flattering fit, sooo damn purty... Then that engagement was called off (details involved his family being very racist against the idea of their precious son marrying a Spanish woman and they threatened to totally cut him off... Now, we'd been together for about 8 years at that point... apparently they cut off his gonads at a young age so he his spine was also affected along the way...). All for the best though because my current fiance (who was a friend of mine all along) stepped up and got this romance cranking and well, the rest is history... I can't very well wear a dress I bought for another wedding to another man, right? So I bought another dress that I LOVE and now am having a hard time selling my original dress that is un-altered, un-worn and realllly pretty. Where's the best place to sell it? It's not a fancy designer one but really nice none-the-less.

Any advice Ladies?
what size is it? style #? post it here so we can take a look - maybe one of us will buy it!!!

or ebay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle08 View Post
All I can think of is ebay or craigslist...or on here?? Post Pics if you can.

On a side note....good decision on leaving the ex...if he couldn't stand up to his family to marry you...the rest of your life would have had problems! Glad you found Mr. Right! wink.gif
Thanks Michelle! You're absolutely right. I let out constant 'phew's when thinking back to what I would have had to deal with for the rest of our lives had I not put my foot down. The almost MIL even slapped my hand one time because I wasn't putting together her son's meal properly. Yep, slapped. Grrrr... Yeah, I couldn't get past that.

I'm currently posting it on CL so ebay may be next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008 View Post
what size is it? style #? post it here so we can take a look - maybe one of us will buy it!!!

or ebay
I've posted it on Craigslist but maybe I'm pricing it wrong? I paid about $600 or so for it originally and now I'm taking the price down to $390 obo (is this still too expensive?) . Here's the post for it on CL. BRAND NEW - Monique Luo WEDDING DRESS -SIZE 8 - Never Altered

It's a size 6, ivory colored with boning and pics are on the CL listing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the site Tammy mentioned is a good one, for sure - but also can't hurt to list it on eBay or Craig's list too - or on here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, it's a very pretty dress. For never being altered, or worn, I think $390 is a good starting off point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×