Beaches Negril

mrshump

• 1 year later...

Hello,

My name is Mimi, I'm new to this site and am getting married at Beaches Negril in December 2, 2011.  We have opted for the Seaside Serenade theme and are now realizing the add-ons are becoming quite pricey.  I was wondering if you had any tips, like you we'd like a party vibe as well.  We are also dealing with Renee Phillips.  Hoping you have some recommendations.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I got engaged May 6, 2011 and am getting married July 16, 2012 at Beaches Nergil.  I had my wedding appointment with Renee and I felt so overwhelmed. Everything just keeps added up! *SIGH*

I was curious if anyone did their reception on the boat and what your thoughts are? Were your guests surprised at the prices of rooms? I am offering Sandy Bay and Sandles rices pfor everyone as well and thank goodness because Beachse is the HIGHEST! I was surprised. 

Any and all suggestions is really appreciated. :)

~Ashley

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering to see what you found out? I just got my "planning kit" from Glen and do not have my phone session with Chloe until Jan..... Just wondering what kept adding up? They sent me a booklet of everything and it doesn't seem too awful?? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Originally Posted by agreco View Post

Hi everyone! I got engaged May 6, 2011 and am getting married July 16, 2012 at Beaches Nergil.  I had my wedding appointment with Renee and I felt so overwhelmed. Everything just keeps added up! *SIGH*

I was curious if anyone did their reception on the boat and what your thoughts are? Were your guests surprised at the prices of rooms? I am offering Sandy Bay and Sandles rices pfor everyone as well and thank goodness because Beachse is the HIGHEST! I was surprised. 

Any and all suggestions is really appreciated. :)

~Ashley

@Sllefebvr

CONGRATULATIONS!

Well, since then I have figured some things out. When you talk to Renee...or Cloe now, she doesnt give you prices based on the package. At least not for me. I told her what I wanted but yet she still was breaking things down per centerpiece, per person, per flowers, etc. I was on complete overload and cried my eyes out b/c she went so fast. After I reread the information from Glen and got her quote for what I asked, I realized everything is kind of mostly the packages. You have other options for flowers and you basically have to tell them what you want and they will price it out. Also, if you want to add something to your cake, ribbon or flowers, you have to tell them exactly what it is then they will price it. They wont just say its $100 to put a ribbon on it. So that part is kind of frustrating. I dont know all my details...just the main decisions. Also, it is $250 to have them set anything up for you from setting out programs to adding something to the tables. They dont allow the guests to do anything for liability reasons which I understand, I dont have an issue with it.

I hope this helps a little...hopefully when you talk to them in January you will have a definite idea of what you want. I got engaged May 4th, decided on Jamaica June 3, and had my call July 1....for me that wasnt enough time. I have a crazy job and I did not have as much decided on as they wanted me to. Also, if you know for sure you want something like the DJ, steel drum band, etc, book it! But you can always decide on other details when you get down there. Your appt will just be longer the day before the wedding.

***Side note***

What did most brides do for the food? I like the sit down menu way better than buffet but i dont want to waste all my time eating...thoughts?

How about photographers? I saw some pictures and videos online and they look pretty good, was everyone mostly happy with them?

Thanks for your help brides!!

Ashley :)

@ Agreco 

Thanks so much for all of your input!! Everything is so confusing!! Geeze they want $250.00 per "item" you want set up?!? So in my case I am purchasing pashminas for the ladies to put on the backs of their chairs at the ceremony with their names embroidered that would cost me $250.00, then I am also bring down fans for all of the guests that would also be $250.00?? Then if I make programs and bring my own centerpieces those are both again $250.00 a piece? Yikes!!! If that is the case I guess it does add up QUICK!!!!

I have been really thinking about about the steel drum band but $600.00 an hour is killing me... I feel like that is SO expensive?? But it is in the islands I keep saying to myself I need a steel drum band!!

I believe I am doing the sit down reception for $75.00 per person.. My FI really wants and sit and eat and dance with his mother.. like a real wedding.. but I was actually told by a great bride on here that it is discounted $15.00 once you hit the ten room mark so it is actually only $60.00.. and I don't think they are going to kick us out after 3 hours we are going to be outside anyways right?

offtopic.gif I am also wondering about the photographers... and it is driving my crazy... I really want a photographer the entire day of my wedding. In my room while the girls get ready, for the ceremony, and the reception! And we are going to be doing a catamaran cruise which I would also love the photographer present for... Is this at all possible with the photographers at the resort?? Or for this do I need to bring my own photographer??

@Sllefebvr

When are you getting married?

It's $250 total to set up whatever you want so it isn't bad at all. I just emailed my planner about the photographer thing too, I want them for longer as well. I will let you know when i get an answer. I am pretty sure you can't bring another photographer but ask your planner when you talk to her.

Are you doing a Martha Stewart theme or just the Beautiful Beginnings? I am just doing BB. We are going to be bring down some things to add like chair sashes, fans, and menus. The other thing I remembered to tell you is all the flowers for the girls/guys, moms, etc are all extra. Non of that is included. Its more like a "real" wedding than I expected.

I didn't hear anything about the discount for the dinner at the 10 room mark. I know if you look on the website under group weddings you can see the features once you hit that mark. I really want the sit down too, the food looks so much better than the buffet. hmmm...

http://www.beaches.com/weddingmoons/weddings/collections/groups.cfm

Happy Planning!!!