long haired girls

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

hey all of you ladies w/ long hair - do you shed??

i shed like a long haired cat!!!! everytime i touch my hair, some comes out in my hand...it's always all over the bed, my chair, and forget about what happens in the shower!!!!

i KNOW i'm not losing my hair, per say, as it's very thick and i've always lost more when it is long...i'm sure that having curly hair doesn't help, and i always keep it up in a ponytail. i DO understand that some hair is supposed to fall out, esp. due to the weight of it, now that it's long...but i dont want to cut it off until after the wedding...

so, do you shed? and have you found any kind of product/method to keeping your hair in your head?

#2 cessyboston

cessyboston
    • VIP Member
    • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:55 AM

yes i shed...but also stress or medication can do it as well....good shampoo and conditioner helps the hair and repair it..............let me know if you need any help.............
      Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

I shed all the time as well.. And ummm sorry if this is TMI but when our boys go outside to poo sometimes their's a long hair coming out as well.. Yeah pretty gross..

#4 cessyboston

cessyboston
        • VIP Member
        • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TammyB
          I shed all the time as well.. And ummm sorry if this is TMI but when our boys go outside to poo sometimes their's a long hair coming out as well.. Yeah pretty gross..

Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:18 AM

Quote:
            LMAO!!!! My little dog too....so funny.

Yep, my hair is more than halfway down my back and I shed like crazy!! So much so that my vacuum always got clogged up! I ordered one of those magic rake thingys off an infomercial just to be able to get the hair out of the carpet...lol

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

Jamy, I've never even heard of the "magic rake" are you suppose to rake your carpet with it?

#7 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:42 AM

Oh ya my hair always comes out and its not even that long. You lose like hundreds of strands a day though and stress and stuff can add to that.

#8 PaulaV

PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

Yes, it's normal.

I can relate to Tammy's dog issue too... pretty gross... especially if they need 'help'.

#9 1elephant

1elephant
                  • VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:56 AM

i find hair in the cat poop too.....ew!

tammyb, we have a dyson vacuum cleaner and you'd be AMAZED at how much that thing picks up from carpet and uncarpeted areas - an incredible amount of hair (and so much dirt and dust it makes you think that you live in a very dirty home...)...

ok, so stress is NOT helping...i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one tho!

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

Quote:
                      Jamy, I've never even heard of the "magic rake" are you suppose to rake your carpet with it?
                      It's some sort of super broom I ordered at 2 am...hold on......here it is:
                      Sweepa One Sweep Broom Special Offer!- The Official Site of AsSeenOnTV.com

It totally works too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users