Tux or casual digs for the guys?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:50 AM

Your guys would melt in a tux. Try a lighter suit like other people have mentioned. The linen suits look pretty beachy still but a little more formal than just khakis and a white shirt. I did the white shirt/khaki look but my wedding ws super casual. Do what works for you and your groomsmen.

#12 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

Since we are getting married in a garden and not at the beach, my FI is going to wear a tuxedo, which is actually a step down from the formal mess dress (he's military) that he had originally planned to wear.

#13 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

Khaki all the day, but I've never liked the look of tuxes so even if we were in a formal church my man wouldn't be wearing a tux. It's reallywant you want to do though. I've seen tuxes on the beach and it doesn't look bad.
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#14 Leigh17

• 339 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:02 AM

I like the light suit look for a destination wedding. And I think our groomsmen will just be wearing white shirts and khakis with no jacket.

#15 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

Nice, crisp, tailored khaki pants and a linen shirt can be very dressy. A tux is elegant, but doesn't belong on a beach -- it would look out of place and besides, the guys will melt, leaving you with a bunch of miserable, whiny guys on your hands
            Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
            Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
            Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#16 Diva

• 682 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

I hear you guys with the being hot thing, but I dunno I just envision my wedding pictures with me in a wedding gown and him in a black suit/tux! When we talked about the attire for the guys, and I mentioned the black suit or tux, he wasn't against it.

Thanks for sharing photos, and you all look awesome in the casual look! I am still torn

#17 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

FI is wearing a white suit. i would have been ok with him wearing something more casual but he likes to get dressed up and wants to match me. So not a tux, but a suit and tie - he's also wearing shoes...no flip flops or sandals for him!

#18 Diva

• 682 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

A black suit and tie would be ok! Maybe a summer suit. Sounds like a trip to Mens Wearhouse is in order!

Thanks ladies

#19 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

FI will be wearing a tan suit, shirt and tie for our wedding. I am still debating on the groomsmen. I think I will relent and let them wear a nice light shirt and dress khakis. My preference would be for them to be in suits too but I just don't thik they'd be comfortable. FI and I wear suits to work everyday, including the summer, so we're used to it. I'm having a hard time envisioning my wedding having people dress more casual for my wedding than I dress on a daily basis, but at the end of the day, its such a little thing and I want people to be comfortable so I think I will just let it go.

#20 Melidell

• 1,091 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

I know what you mean- I like a less casual look too but there is no way I could stick my poor FI in a tux in that heat! We're also going with a light summer suit (in grey), white shirt, no tie. He can take the jacket off after pictures for the dinner this way, too. I think this splits the difference a bit- it's not too formal for a DW but it's still dressed up next to the wedding dress.
                      Loving married life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users