Photo

Affordable Catering?? Does it Exist on Maui?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SydneyFitz

SydneyFitz
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hello!

I am looking into catering companies on Maui. The cheapest and nicest buffet I have found so far is Cafe Ole (75 ppl 60/plate + 900 Service Fee + 1,600 Service Staff = 7,000 total for 75 ppl) This does not even include tables or chairs which is another 1,000! I still need to find out exactly what the service fee and service staff charges are exactly but if any of you have had a good experience please send the info my way!

Thank you,

#2 SydneyFitz

SydneyFitz
    • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

Ok so the Service Staff fee is obviously the cost of the servers, dish washers, chef and bartenders but what's with the additional 20% fee? That seems outrageous since the food is already incredibly over priced! I have also looked into Celebrations Catering and Three's Bar and Grill... all with approx similar prices and services.

Thanks again!

#3 CJHANNAN2011

CJHANNAN2011
      • 36 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

im getting married in maui also, im also very curious about this because everything i have found is outrageous, my FI says we should just get everyone a happy meal from mcdonalds haha

#4 Nicole119

Nicole119
        • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Have you tried Catering from Soup to Nuts, Inc.? Their food is amazing, I'm not sure about their prices but it's worth a try to check with them. Ask for Chef Ralph or Daniel - 808-357-9444 Here's a link to their profile on The Knot:Weddings Gowns Gifts, The Knot
          Hope that helps! :)

#5 Stacy015

Stacy015
          • 172 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

We are using Consuelo for our rehearsal dinner - it was recommended to us and looks very good. The price is about $35/plate - but we are just having hors d'oeuvres and not a full plated meal. The food sounds really fancy (actually more so than I was planning on). My FI's parents are throwing it so I don't know ALL the details... but the price includes coffee and tea as well. They are getting SOOO many options for this price too... it seemed like 4 sea food options and a couple that are turkey,chicken, or steak. And then there are lots of desserts and other appetizer type foods. The lady is setting everything up at our condo that everyone is staying at and she will be there the entire time. It sounded like she was pretty flexible on the type of food you want to chose for your even as well.

I'm not sure where this company is based - but we are staying pretty close to Kaanapali and using them.

#6 akbridehi

akbridehi
            • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

Buzz's Wharf offered us a very good quote (and they have EXCELLENT food, my fav on the island), but we were unable to use them due to our coordinator only working with certain companies. They just started their catering side of things, so I think they are priced reasonably to bring in customers. The GM there is awesome and really quick at getting back to you.
              We are going with Food For the Soul Maui, and are paying $80/pp for a plated meal, they include tables, chairs, linens, dining ware, staff, etc. Total for 50 people (10 of them kids) for our catering and bar is $4700.

#7 weiky

weiky
              • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

akbridehi,
                do you have a menu that you choose for Food For the Soul Maui? We are heading there to do our scouting trip in about 3 weeks and wanted to know more on them since i think they are going to be one of the caterers we are considering. did you do a tasting with them? any info wouls be great. email it to weiky13@hotmail.com. thank you!

#8 josmiles

josmiles
                • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

I'm also doing my wedding at the Olowalu Plantation House and my WC also mentioned Aloha Events Catering 808.870.7773 and Cater 2U 808.870.5450. I haven't called for quotes yet but if you find out anything, I would love to know!

#9 SydneyFitz

SydneyFitz
                  • 34 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for all the feedback! It looks like affordable catering might exist after all! I took a little wedding planning break so have not been on the site in a couple weeks. Time to get back to it!

Stacy015 - what condo are you all staying at? I'm hoping to find a condo complex for our guests to all stay at together. Did you get a price break for booking a bunch together?

#10 cocoalover

cocoalover
                    • 37 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

I have contacted couple company as well.

Foods 4 Life Inc $70 per guest for the Luau menu. This includes all food, kitchen staff, waitstaff, china, glassware, flatware, coffee service, and cake cutting. Also they offered me a very reasonable price for additional rental such as tent, chairs, etc.

Buzz's Wharf catering is also great. Marla is very responsive esp. to my emails. I really appreciate that.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users