Sign in to follow this  
BakersGirl

Photo Booth Questions

Does anyone have any advise or has anyone done a photo booth for their AHR? I have the photog booked, but they are not familiar with the concept. I need some ideas or details about how this is done. Help! Did you/Are you using a photo album and having guests sign it? If so, where did you purchase it?

grouphug.gif

hi there! in case you're still looking...

For my AHR, our photographer is setting up a photo booth/corner, where she'll put up a backdrop and a camera on a tripod with a remote. we're going to the dollar store, borrowing & searching our own stuff for props like big sunglasses, feather boas, large picture frames, etc.

people can go up to it, take their own pictures and be off. the photos will be given to us on a disc in 2-3 weeks and also posted on the password protected online gallery where people can go and download their own photos. so its not instantly printed.

in vancouver we have a couple for rent that are actual booth like you see at the malls, but they are quite expensive. i Googled this company: Chicago Photo Booth Rentals for Weddings | ShutterBox Entertainment

hope that helps!

It's cheapest to do what rosieposie is doing, but there are companies out there that do actual photobooths for weddings and events. I met one a couple weekends ago, and I love it, but they can be kind of pricey.

Just my two cents in case you were trying to scale it back a little: I attended a wedding with a professional camera set up and a sign allowing guests to take their own pics against a background - the bride then sent the black and white photos out to the guests in her christmas card - I thought it was super cute.

I am also looking into having a photo booth at our AHR but it is very pricey to rent one! I want a photo guestbook where people can leave their well wishes and what not with their pic and it seems like making our own may help save on cost but I don't want it to look homemade. I don't know what to do!

Yah I totally wanted to do a funny props photo table but am worried about the cost. I think I still might go for it. Polaroid cameras have been easy to find, but the film is so rare and horribly expensive. Fujifilm also does a cute instant photo version that's cheaper and prints out business card sized photos.

Im keeping it very simple props on a table a whiteboard and my brother is doing the photos so he can just click away.I am just going to create some whitty sign and leave it at that.