Jump to content

Photo

I lost my ring today!


  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 TammyB

TammyB
  • Sr. Member
  • 10,630 posts

    Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:11 AM

    wow, thank God you found it.. I would have felt horrible if I lost my wedding set.

    Shortly after Cain got me my diamond earrings I was cleaning them and one fell down the sink. I tore apart that sink (never did that before) and was praying the whole time "please be there, please be there" and as all the water was draining out of the sink I heard a cling... Looked in the bucket and sure enough it was my earring.. THANK GOD..

    #22 Natalie Z

    Natalie Z
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,430 posts

      Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:42 AM

      Susan I'm so happy you found it!!! Your story is great to tell people!!! My DH would make comments at me all day as well, if I did that!!!

      #23 NYJen

      NYJen
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,326 posts

        Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

        You scared me with the title of the thread. Thank goodness you found it. I was so nervous (and upset) for you.

        #24 RaydensMama

        RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

          Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

          OMG Susan I am so glad that you found it! I couldnt imagine how paniced you must have been!!

          #25 PaulaV

          PaulaV
          • VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

            Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

            Phew! My heart was actually pounding reading through the frantic search going on! Then I had to laugh out loud with the fact that you found it in the butt area! HAHA!

            I am so glad you found it!

            #26 foxytv

            foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

              Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

              You are ssoo lucky!!

              I took mine off at the tanning bed to put on my lotion. I was running behind and left without my lotion or the ring ... but went right back in minutes later to get it --my heart fell to the floor when I realized I had left it behind.

              They had my lotion ... but said there was no ring.

              I've filed a police report, checked pawn shops and put up cash reward signs ... but to no avail.

              FI is in Iraq so I can't get the paperwork for it -- just the receipt from the jeweler. SO, I had to buy a look-alike until he gets home and we can file the claim.

              But nothing will ever replace it -- I told him I just want a wedding band now, and will wear the look-alike knock-off until our wedding day so I at least look/feel engaged.

              I'm sssooo glad you found yours before it was too late!!!

              #27 NYJen

              NYJen
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,326 posts

                Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by foxytv
                You are ssoo lucky!!

                I took mine off at the tanning bed to put on my lotion. I was running behind and left without my lotion or the ring ... but went right back in minutes later to get it --my heart fell to the floor when I realized I had left it behind.

                They had my lotion ... but said there was no ring.

                I've filed a police report, checked pawn shops and put up cash reward signs ... but to no avail.

                FI is in Iraq so I can't get the paperwork for it -- just the receipt from the jeweler. SO, I had to buy a look-alike until he gets home and we can file the claim.

                But nothing will ever replace it -- I told him I just want a wedding band now, and will wear the look-alike knock-off until our wedding day so I at least look/feel engaged.

                I'm sssooo glad you found yours before it was too late!!!
                Oh, that's so upsetting. I hope the person who stole it gets bad karma forever because of it.

                #28 foxytv

                foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

                  Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
                  Oh, that's so upsetting. I hope the person who stole it gets bad karma forever because of it.
                  I know. I've said a lot of prayers but in the end have had to find peace with it ... believeing that whoever took it (99% sure it's one of the young girls who works there and cleaned the bed after me) for whatever reason needed it more than I do. It's hard to think that ... but ... it's the only thing that keeps me going through the day.

                  #29 NYJen

                  NYJen
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,326 posts

                    Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by foxytv
                    I know. I've said a lot of prayers but in the end have had to find peace with it ... believeing that whoever took it (99% sure it's one of the young girls who works there and cleaned the bed after me) for whatever reason needed it more than I do. It's hard to think that ... but ... it's the only thing that keeps me going through the day.
                    I hear ya!!! And that's a great way to look at it.

                    But this is why I never lie and never steal. I'm too afraid it's going to come back to haunt me some day.

                    One night when I left work, I was walking to the subway when a tourist couple walking in front of me dropped their shopping bag from Tiffany's. I have no idea what was in it, but I picked it up and gave it back to them. I would NEVER keep something that wasn't mine. First of all - it's not mine. Second - I'm too afraid I would get bad luck for the rest of my life.

                    My secret wish for the person that stole your ring is that they get nothing but bad luck forever.

                    #30 foxytv

                    foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

                      Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
                      I hear ya!!! And that's a great way to look at it.

                      But this is why I never lie and never steal. I'm too afraid it's going to come back to haunt me some day.

                      One night when I left work, I was walking to the subway when a tourist couple walking in front of me dropped their shopping bag from Tiffany's. I have no idea what was in it, but I picked it up and gave it back to them. I would NEVER keep something that wasn't mine. First of all - it's not mine. Second - I'm too afraid I would get bad luck for the rest of my life.

                      My secret wish for the person that stole your ring is that they get nothing but bad luck forever.

                      I agree. I've found cell phones and credit cards before ... and always returned them to the bank or cell phone store ... knowing the person would surely want them back. I firmly believe that "what goes around comes around" and don't want to be the one who is receiving the bad luck (which makes me wonder why I lost my ring in the first place ... but I can't dwell)...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users