• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Crystal&Matt2010

Crystal&Matt2010
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmmaGaussoin
    I just found this thread. I can totally relate to you girls. The only difference is that I have trouble because I am tiny and sorta tall 5'7, 105 and a size 0 or even 00 sometimes. When I went to David's Bridal I had the hardest time trying to find dresses I liked! They claim to have many sizes but in most of the styles I liked the smallest size they had was a 4 and most looked frumpy on me. I decided to get my dress made from one of the China knockoff companies. I sent in my measurements and it fits perfect! I couldn't be happier with my choice.
    What company did you buy this dress from? I am looking to get my TTD made since I can't find a long white dress in my size and price range, but unsure where to go. Thanks!

#22 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
    • 203 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

I went through gianinarbridal. If you check out on the knock off tread you can see mine on page 35 I think but a lot of other brides have posted theirs also. Just send them your measurements rather than going with a standard size.

As for honeymoon outfits, Victoria's Secret has xs and their "sexy little thing" line has some cute bridal outfits.

#23 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
      • 330 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

I had this same problem! I hated trying dresses on because, first of all, I didnt want any poof underneath because I drown in it. And the sales lady kept saying, you can take it out, and clamping me up in 50 clamps definetly didnt make me feel pretty. Thats when I found Nicole Miller :-)
        No poof! Nice slim fitting dresses that feel AMAZING! My mom was also a little dissappointed that I ended up going with such a simple dress, but I dont want to be a DRESS walking down the aisle...Just me ;-)
        I, too, am 5'1 103 pds but since Im Dominican all the weight is sittn in my butt and thighs. Stairmaster here I come! hahaha!

#24 dianep

dianep
        • 532 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Crystal&Matt2010
          What company did you buy this dress from? I am looking to get my TTD made since I can't find a long white dress in my size and price range, but unsure where to go. Thanks!
          it's prom season, have you thought about using a prom dress? i'm guessing you might have good luck finding something in your size. and i've seen some pretty fancy looking white/ivory dresses out in the stores lately. and they'd be much cheaper than wedding dresses. good luck!
          http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
          and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#25 michelle10

michelle10
          • 157 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

I had mine custom made for that very reason! I'm 5'2 and 105 lbs. 23" waist and DD boobs! SOOO hard to find anything that fits right!

#26 dianep

dianep
            • 532 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

just thought i'd check in - are you ladies having any luck finding your dresses?

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#27 Danyelle

Danyelle
              • 368 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

Oh gosh, this thread is makin me nervous! I'm 5'4 but I'm really small bodied (jrs size 0).
                I hope I don't have too much of a problem finding a dress.

#28 mmc1105

mmc1105
                • 173 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

Ughhh I'm having this problem too! Can you girls share what dress/designer you found that looks good on you?
                  Alexander & Marci - May 6, 2011

#29 dianep

dianep
                  • 532 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mmc1105
                    Ughhh I'm having this problem too! Can you girls share what dress/designer you found that looks good on you?
                    mine was a galina signature from david's bridal. a size 2 fit me perfectly - no alterations needed, except to take the hem up about an inch or so. good luck ladies, i'm sure you'll find something that'll make you look and feel gorgeous!

#30 jplovesme

jplovesme
                    • 385 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

I got my dress and it is a 4P from Maggie Sottero, but I have to have it taken in and cut still (when I ordered it, the owner was torn if I should go a size down, but it's better to take in, then to let out). I'm 5'0", 98 lbs and normally a size 00, WITH a 32D chest, so its tough finding something that fits! I'm going in this week to get it altered (dress arrived a couple weeks ago!). As for honeymoon dresses, I've been kinda stocking up now at stores like BR since they make 00p and 0P. Victoria's secret makes cute summer dresses in XS that fit me fine, except they are still kinda long.  It's tough being a petite bride!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users