Photo

ROR Dinner

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 JJS2011

JJS2011
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

I am beginning to plan my Wedding at the ROR and am looking for some information. I have heard that the Steak House is the most popular option for dinner. If anyone has pictures of their dinner here that would be greatly appreciated. I would definately welcome any opinions and information regarding this restaurant as well as any others restaurant options for dinner.

Thanks in advance:)!

#2 ronsoliman

ronsoliman
    • 233 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

when is your wedding in Jamaica?

#3 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
      • 333 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:26 AM

The options are (at least at the RIU Montego BAY)
        The NOT PRIVATE STEAKHOUSE (may or may not be depending on other weddings). I believe wedding dinners are held on the second floor.

A PRIVATE STEAKHOUSE dinner (i think you have to pay an extra $1000 to make it private).

A private beach dinner. (I think there is a minimum amount of ppl:40) and it is 55 dollars a person (that price includes alcoholic beverages, there may also be an option of 45 dollars a person without an open bar type thing.

May be different since its ROR...not sure, i'm sure there is plenty of information though...a lot of BDW girls had their wedding At ROR

Good luck!
        ~Christina~

#4 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
        • 248 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:35 AM

The private reception is held at the plantation and it is $500. Im dont have pictures though, but what I wanted to know is do you need to make a reservation for the steak house. I keep emailing them and no one ever gets back to me and its hard to reach her at the resort.

#5 sportsdog2

sportsdog2
          • 87 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

We had our semi-private dinner at the ROR's Mammee Bay Steakhouse. I made the reservations in advance with the wedding coordinator. There was not an extra charge for the dinner, we did the free package. We worked with the assistant wedding coordinator to arrange the tables how we wanted (t-shaped) and to place our favors on the table and to decorate the area. Another wedding dinner was at the same time (I believe they are always 6:30 pm), but it was still private enough for our guests to enjoy themselves. If you search this forum you will find the pictures that you would like to see. Good luck.

#6 kris

kris
            • 506 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

If you don't want to pay extra for a dinner I would definitely recommend the Steakhouse. We had reservations in there one night when a wedding was going on and you barely even noticed they were there. It was still very private for them. This is definitely the best restaurant we ate at and if you do go with it request Renford Facey to be your server.....HE IS THE BEST!

#7 achoy

achoy
              • 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Are all the semi-private receptions at the Steakhouse? If there are 3 weddings a day and all 3 opted for the semi-private receptions, are they all put together in one restaurant?

#8 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
                • 248 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

Will you have to pay to be moved to the semi private dinner?

#9 JJS2011

JJS2011
                  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the great information everyone!

#10 hiccups

hiccups
                    • 224 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

Good to know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users