SDbeachgirl

What songs are you playing while your guests are getting seated?

Well depending on your music taste you probably won't like my help :-)

We're having

Rise Against-Swing Life Away

Atreyu-The Theft

Something Breaking Benjamin.... can't remember

I'm walking down the aisle to Killswitch Engage (super soft music, not normal Killswitch)

It fits us! Thought I'd throw it out there

We played:

Is This Love   ~   Bob Marley           

Con te partiro  ~   Andrea Bocelli           

Falling In Love At a Coffee Shop   ~    Landon Pigg                                   

Quando, Quando, Quando   ~   Michael Bublé (with Nelly Furtado)

Ohh I just did this! We're doing:

Dave Matthews - You & Me

David Gray - Sail Away With Me

David Gray - Be Mine

The Fray - Look After You (probably instrumental)

I dont know why but this is my biggest area of stress!  How many songs should i have planned for when the guests are being seated?  And then when else do you play music...just for the wedding party walking down the aisle?  Or will you play it at other times during the ceremony?  With my ceremony being on the beach I guess I also fear the music not really being loud enough.  We just get a cd player.  AHHH...don't know why I'm so worried about this!

Here's what I'm planning:

15-20 min. of music while guests are being seated (this is usually 4 or 5 songs)

1 song for fiance's mom and my mom to walk down the aisle to

1 song for the bridesmaids

1 song for the bride

1 song for signing the documents (We're doing a legal wedding in Mexico and people say it takes about 5 mins, or one song, to sign the documents)

1 song for the recessional 

Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by SKing24 View Post

I dont know why but this is my biggest area of stress!  How many songs should i have planned for when the guests are being seated?  And then when else do you play music...just for the wedding party walking down the aisle?  Or will you play it at other times during the ceremony?  With my ceremony being on the beach I guess I also fear the music not really being loud enough.  We just get a cd player.  AHHH...don't know why I'm so worried about this!

Thanks for all the ideas. We have not started picking songs yet and my fiance is really into music, but now I feel like I have some suggestions to bring to the table. 

I was originally thinking about doing some Bob Marley - happy island music.  But after talking to my DJ, he said it should really be music that is more mellow.  I'm not too fixed on anything other than the processional and recessional so I'll let him go with it - he knows better than me.  I also met with my officiant and he suggested Vitamin String Quartet - they do instrumental versions of popular songs - but not like elevator music.  I listened to some sample on Amazon and like it so I'll probably do that.