Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#71 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

Hey ladies! My wedding just moved from May to April so I'm going to be posting in this thread now! So hello to everyone! I'm getting married at Barcelo Maya Palace in Riviera Maya on April 30, 2011!

#72 nucci

nucci
    • 77 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

I agree! I love cocktail weddings...it's always the best food anyway!! Our list is becoming very large also haha. I'm completely fine with that. The more the merrier!! It is a little stressful since we are doing a private reception and have to pay per person, but still really exciting!!!

Anyone find any good deals on flights yet?

#73 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by kball21
        I don't think it is cheesy, especially depending on the time of day. I think if you are only doing a cocktail reception, it would be best to either have it early enough that they can go have dinner afterwards or late enough that guests would have already eaten dinner.
        Thanks, I needed to hear that!
        http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
        ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#74 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:15 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nucci
          I agree! I love cocktail weddings...it's always the best food anyway!! Our list is becoming very large also haha. I'm completely fine with that. The more the merrier!! It is a little stressful since we are doing a private reception and have to pay per person, but still really exciting!!!

Anyone find any good deals on flights yet?
          Exactly the per person cost is what is pushing me to do cocktails only. And it's an AI anyway so it should be a big deal to any of the guest.

Where will your wedding be? So far the prices aren't bad from JFK to Jamaica.

#75 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by diamondpooch
            Hey ladies! My wedding just moved from May to April so I'm going to be posting in this thread now! So hello to everyone! I'm getting married at Barcelo Maya Palace in Riviera Maya on April 30, 2011!
            Glad to have you here diamondpooch!

#76 ccm

ccm
            • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

We have booked our wedding for April 18, 2011 at the Grand Sunset Princess. Our invitations have been sent out and we are just waiting for the responses to come in.

#77 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
              • 546 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

I just got price quotes for the week preceeding the wedding and it's $1000 higher than the week after! So silly! So I think I'm going to have my TA play around with the dates of travel. I told her as long as we are there by Wednesday of that week, all is good!

#78 nucci

nucci
                • 77 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tennyt1
                  Exactly the per person cost is what is pushing me to do cocktails only. And it's an AI anyway so it should be a big deal to any of the guest.

Where will your wedding be? So far the prices aren't bad from JFK to Jamaica.
                  We're getting married 4-16-11 in Riviera Maya Mexico. Prices are pretty high right now. Our TA is saying it's because it's the weekend before Easter, but hopefully they will go down!! We'll be flying out of Philadelphia.

#79 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                  • 546 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

Nucci, I know. I got a quote from my TA for $1000 than her previous quote for a week later and she said that she has been hearing a lot about it being near Easter, etc. She is gonna play with my dates and see if she can find something cheaper.

#80 abbie32

abbie32
                    • 89 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hello ladies....I'm also getting married in April 2011. We're getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya resort on April 6th, 2011. I'm working on the STD's and our website right now and hope to have the STD's mailed out within the next 2 weeks. I want people to have lots of time to book vacation and save.

I was going to send out my invites with me STD's but I decided to wait on the invites until I get quotes from TA. I'm doing DIY boarding pass invites which I will work on over the summer. I hope to have them sent out this summer as well and than give people a few months to book. I'm so excited!!

I have been engaged since November and have not tried on wedding dresses! I know my personality and decided to wait. When I like something I get it, so I didn't want to get it too early. haha I'm going dress shopping with my mom first in a few weeks and than going with by bridesmaids. I can't take it anymore and just want to go shopping!!!

I hope time flies!! I'm so excited!! April seems so far away now. haha

Here's hoping we all get good rates for April 2011! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users