April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree! I love cocktail weddings...it's always the best food anyway!! Our list is becoming very large also haha. I'm completely fine with that. The more the merrier!! It is a little stressful since we are doing a private reception and have to pay per person, but still really exciting!!!

Anyone find any good deals on flights yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kball21 View Post
I don't think it is cheesy, especially depending on the time of day. I think if you are only doing a cocktail reception, it would be best to either have it early enough that they can go have dinner afterwards or late enough that guests would have already eaten dinner.
Thanks, I needed to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucci View Post
I agree! I love cocktail weddings...it's always the best food anyway!! Our list is becoming very large also haha. I'm completely fine with that. The more the merrier!! It is a little stressful since we are doing a private reception and have to pay per person, but still really exciting!!!

Anyone find any good deals on flights yet?
Exactly the per person cost is what is pushing me to do cocktails only. smile41.gif And it's an AI anyway so it should be a big deal to any of the guest.

Where will your wedding be? So far the prices aren't bad from JFK to Jamaica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
Hey ladies! My wedding just moved from May to April so I'm going to be posting in this thread now! So hello to everyone! I'm getting married at Barcelo Maya Palace in Riviera Maya on April 30, 2011!
Glad to have you here diamondpooch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyt1 View Post
Exactly the per person cost is what is pushing me to do cocktails only. smile41.gif And it's an AI anyway so it should be a big deal to any of the guest.

Where will your wedding be? So far the prices aren't bad from JFK to Jamaica.
We're getting married 4-16-11 in Riviera Maya Mexico. Prices are pretty high right now. Our TA is saying it's because it's the weekend before Easter, but hopefully they will go down!! We'll be flying out of Philadelphia.

Hello ladies....I'm also getting married in April 2011. We're getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya resort on April 6th, 2011. I'm working on the STD's and our website right now and hope to have the STD's mailed out within the next 2 weeks. I want people to have lots of time to book vacation and save.

I was going to send out my invites with me STD's but I decided to wait on the invites until I get quotes from TA. I'm doing DIY boarding pass invites which I will work on over the summer. I hope to have them sent out this summer as well and than give people a few months to book. I'm so excited!!

I have been engaged since November and have not tried on wedding dresses! I know my personality and decided to wait. When I like something I get it, so I didn't want to get it too early. haha I'm going dress shopping with my mom first in a few weeks and than going with by bridesmaids. I can't take it anymore and just want to go shopping!!!

I hope time flies!! I'm so excited!! April seems so far away now. haha

Here's hoping we all get good rates for April 2011! :-)