Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#671 Brandy

Brandy
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

I dont think your doomed either but you should probably get them out soon.  Have you sent out anything for your sept. wedding, and are your guests aware that you have changed the date?

#672 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
    • 276 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:07 AM

They knew by word of mouth already.  My family isn't able to go, so it's going to be very small with just a few of our friends and FI's close family.

So far, I have the contract with the resort, have my dress, have FI's clothes, have the rings, have a real-touch bouquet on order, have all the guest list addresses, and I have the STD's designed and ready to be printed.

I can't decide on a photographer and I don't have a travel agent!!

#673 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

You should be good, you have enough time to get all of that done, but I would certainly get those STD's printed out and sent.

#674 Brandy

Brandy
        • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:09 AM

Are you doing invitations as well?

#675 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
          • 276 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

I was planning on it and got all the supplies, but I might just do one or the other now.

#676 Brandy

Brandy
            • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

Yeah thats what I was thinking I think at this point maybe you should just send the invites so you can start getting some RSVP's

#677 tris

tris
              • 609 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by knitgirl13 

We decided last week to bump up our date from September 2011 to April 24, 2011.  We haven't even sent out our save the dates yet... are we doomed??

I don't think you're doomed! But it all depends on your situation. A lot of our friends are still students or just starting out (meaning... broke), so we needed to give them a year to save. I'd send out STD's asap though to give everyone a head start. Good luck and happy planning :)!

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#678 Lua

Lua
                • 1,231 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

knitgirl - you're definitely not doomed.  i might even just skip STD's if i were you though and send invites instead (if you were planning on doing both) .. (ie. FI and i send email STD with plans do send invites later, but everyone who is coming have already booked so we're skipping official invites for the wedding and will only be doing some for the AHR once we return) Regardless, you'll just want to let people know asap so they have a chance to save :)

#679 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

knitgirl - I agree with Lua, skip the STD and send out your invites! On a side note, my sister lives in Fairfax. Where is your wedding?

#680 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                    • 1,541 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

knitgirl - Where is your wedding??  Since you don't have a TA yet, I would highly recommend going with one of the BDW TA's.  I'm using Wendy, and she's fantastic!  So far she has gone way above and beyond for us!  Our wedding is in Mexico, and she knows a lot of different locations there.  Just a recommendation... I don't think you'd be disappointed with any of the BDW TA's from what I've heard on here.

Married the love of my life in April!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users