Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#561 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

Thanks ladies!  I have a total of 22 people that have said they are going for sure, it's just a matter of getting them to book!  I have given all of the information out that I have at this point, and instead of doing STDs and invites I merged them into one so I didn't have to worry about the rest.  But, I know that once they start rolling through more people will continue to do so!  I'm kind of hoping we do not get many more, because I really don't want THAT big of a group... is that wrong?!

Brandy - Good luck with the bridal shop!  It's a lot of fun, I loved it!!!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#562 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
    • 563 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:46 AM

Ellabaja - no it is not wrong at all to not want that big of a group.  It's nice to have a small group of closest friends/family....adds a sort of romantic/more intimate feel to the event.  We are expecting to have about 20-25 ppl in total for our wedding and think that is the perfect number. 

Brandy - have fun at the bridal shop, its definitely a fun experience!

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 

Thanks ladies!  I have a total of 22 people that have said they are going for sure, it's just a matter of getting them to book!  I have given all of the information out that I have at this point, and instead of doing STDs and invites I merged them into one so I didn't have to worry about the rest.  But, I know that once they start rolling through more people will continue to do so!  I'm kind of hoping we do not get many more, because I really don't want THAT big of a group... is that wrong?!

Brandy - Good luck with the bridal shop!  It's a lot of fun, I loved it!!!

#563 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

Thanks Ladies!

#564 Teira1031

Teira1031
        • 766 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

Brandy I can't wait to hear about your dress shopping experience! I hope it goes great!

#565 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

Thanks teira we are going to the local davids bridal just to try some on and get an idea of what I like and then were going to a place in delaware called beach bride and they have a ton of destination dresses I've been wanting to try on

#566 Lua

Lua
            • 1,231 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

Hi ladies!

so my mom and i made the trek to Chinatown in Toronto on the weekend in search for silk flowers and anything else that might be useful. unfortunately the trip was a total BUST! the only silk flowers i found looked like they belonged in the dollar store. *sigh* .. so i think i'm going to be ordering of afloral.com now and hope for the best!

Brandy - excited for you to try on dresses! i was scared shitless when i went the first time! lol i found my dress at that first store and bought it on the spot! (it's a sample dress)

#567 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
              • 563 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:22 AM

I had the same experience in Chinatown in Toronto last weekend as well Lua.  Went looking for parasols and silk flowers, but didn't end up with either.  Everything looked too CHEAP and dirty...ugh.  Good luck with afloral.com

Originally Posted by Lua 

Hi ladies!

so my mom and i made the trek to Chinatown in Toronto on the weekend in search for silk flowers and anything else that might be useful. unfortunately the trip was a total BUST! the only silk flowers i found looked like they belonged in the dollar store. *sigh* .. so i think i'm going to be ordering of afloral.com now and hope for the best!

Brandy - excited for you to try on dresses! i was scared shitless when i went the first time! lol i found my dress at that first store and bought it on the spot! (it's a sample dress)

#568 Lua

Lua
                • 1,231 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:28 AM

"cheap and dirty" that's exactly the right way to describe the stuff in chinatown.  my mom and i left there saying to eachother "well at least we know we never have to go back there again!"

my fingers are crossed that afloral works out :)

#569 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:02 AM

Hi Ladies

I have had the same experience in Chinatown and think the only thing that might be good to get from there if you are using them is lanterns! If anyone is looking for finger starfish they is a store on that is selling them for 1$ or 2$ which i think is better than having them ordered and shipped to canada. My FI hates the looks of those but is ok with the sugar or white knobby starfish but I have yet to find them anywhere cheap so I may be ordering them from a seller on ebay.

Brandy-Have fun dress shopping. Lord knows I have tried on a thousand dresses and finally ordered mine last week! Take some pics and post them if you can!

#570 Brandy

Brandy
                    • 2,628 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:14 AM

Thanks so much Ladies, omg Laura Im so glad Im not the only one freaking out, I was starting to think I wasnt normal!

Jeez sorry you guys had such a terrible time in chinatown, well at least now you know whats there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users