Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#4711 Lua

Lua
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

OMg the April girls are definitely going to rock the plannng threads!!! can't wait to see them all finished!! :)

I've been working on mine and plan to post the day or 2 before I go.  FI has to work the mon&tues before we leave, so that will give me something to do rather than just be hyper! lol

#4712 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

Teira - I totally agree! It will be so exciting to everything that we have all picked in one place. We have to find a venue and a date for our AHR too.

Brandy - I think you should post it soon and then add the remaining pictures later if you have to. I know you have already been working on it so I'm am so excited to see yours.

Today I made another DIY decision. Originally, I wanted maracas as favors but figured people might lose them or just forget them at dinner. So today I was inspired to make labels for either Rolos (to look like cigars, and I also always liked their slogan "I'd give you my last Rolo") or Caramilk bars. Anyone have a creative saying for either one? I also figure they might be a cute gift for the servers since Caramilks are only readily available in Canada.

#4713 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
      • 1,541 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

Brandy, your invites took wonderful!!  It must feel good to get things checked off!!!  Also, I wanted to ask.... remember those shoes you recommended to me, the Nina ones??

Married the love of my life in April!!

#4714 Lua

Lua
        • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

yay!!! finally our WC has confirmed that she got all of our notarized paperwork and all is a-ok!! she's going to email me thursday with more information to finally start planning the day!! it's been making me nervous not knowing any details yet!!! at least she's told me that we aren't going to have to pay as much extra $ as I thought for our extra guests :)  we went with the FREE wedding package which accomodates us and 10 guests. Each additional guest is only $10.50/pp for extra cake, champagne and set up so that's really pretty reasonable in my mind! :)

#4715 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

Yeah the ones with the flowers Erin?

#4716 Brandy

Brandy
            • 2,628 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

Thats so great Laura!! How exciting!!

I think Im going to try and post my planning thread by the end of next week, I should have everything by then, except for a few small things that Im not really worried about.

#4717 Meggers7484

Meggers7484
              • 315 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

Brandy - Those invites look great!!!

Erin - Congrats on booking the AHR venue!! That must be a huge load off!! We haven't picked our venue out yet because it's in my FI's home town of Windsor and I have no clue what places are good there to have it! I originally wanted to have it outside under a tent but people in Windsor are super traditional and treated me like I was speaking a foreign language when I tried to inquire. Now I need to rely on FI for suggestions which explains why it hasn't happened yet!

#4718 Meggers7484

Meggers7484
                • 315 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

Ohhh and I have my hair extensions being put in tonight!!!! I'm super nervous yet excited at the same time!!!

And our pinwheels for the centrepieces arrived at our house today, I can't wait to get home tonight so I can see them!!

I agree, the April Ladies planning threads will kick some serious butt.

#4719 Brandy

Brandy
                  • 2,628 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

How exciting Meggers, you have to let us know how it goes! How long are your extensions going to be?

Can't wait to see the pinwheels either, such a cute idea!

#4720 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                    • 1,541 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:14 PM

Laura, I'm glad to hear things are all set with the documents at your resort!  Now you can breathe a little better, huh?!

Brandy, I still havent received them.  I received an email on 2/25 (the second date they told me that they would ship) saying they were in the warehouse and would go out the following Monday (2/28).  Well, yesterday I decided I had waited long enough, and contacted them asking for notification that they had shipped and for a tracking number.  They responded saying that they hadn't shipped, there was a problem with the manufacturer and they didn't know when they would ship.  Oh, and because I was so not very nice (to say the least) in my last email, they gave me a 50% of code.  So, I just called them to tell them to cancel my order and to give me my money back because I would wait no more...  The lady was like, but they will ship on 4/10.  I told her that I don't think she quite understood....I wanted my money back.  So, I'm on the hunt for shoes again!  SO frustrated with the company though..

Meggers, it is a huge relief!  It was totally meant to be because it was their only date left!  I don't know how I could do it if it was in a place that I didn't know much about.  Good luck with planning that!  When are you guys planning on having it?

Married the love of my life in April!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users