Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#4491 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

Sigh - I hear you 100% on registering at IKEA.  I think that is where almost everything in our house has come from. :)

#4492 hutchets

hutchets
    • 195 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

How exiting!  Lua, are you exchanging your $ before you leave for Jamaica?  I cannot wait to hear how things go at the RIU.

Theresa
      Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#4493 hutchets

hutchets
      • 195 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

I went ahead and registered for a few items I want to upgrade since most of my stuff is 20years old and from my first marriage.  I just placed the sites on our website.  I know there are a lot of older family members who prefer to purchase items as gifts rather than give money so we went with it-especially when you have lots of them asking "where are you registered?".  I did register for new place settings though - going with Fiesta Ware this time.

Theresa
        Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

#4494 Meggers7484

Meggers7484
        • 315 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Lua your poems are brilliant! I love them!

Can I vent about something? I am getting INCREDIBLY frustrated about the shipping charges for everything... All of the good stuff is in the States and the prices are so much better but either they don't ship up here or they charge more than what the item is worth just to ship it!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am struggling to find chapstick ofr the oot bags. I want some with spf and have found some great deals in the states but I can't get it up here!! Anyone with any suggestions??

#4495 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

Have you looked on Etsy, thats where I purchased my chapstick from, if you send them a message with the amount you need usually they will give you a good discounted price.

#4496 Meggers7484

Meggers7484
            • 315 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

Thanks Brandy! I would have loved to get them on etsy but I didn't find any that has spf and they all seem quite expensive. I was hoping to spend a buck or less.

#4497 tris

tris
              • 609 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

I couldn't agree with you more.
                We've been looking EVERYWHERE for sumersiable LED turquoise lights. TONS of places in the US have them, but to get them shipped to Canada it's MORE than the cost of the lights.

It's irritating.

Originally Posted by Meggers7484 

Thanks Brandy! I would have loved to get them on etsy but I didn't find any that has spf and they all seem quite expensive. I was hoping to spend a buck or less.

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#4498 Brandy

Brandy
                • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

I received some of my gifts today!! Im really happy with everything except for the beach bag I got my FSIL, there is no way this thing qualifies as a beach bag, its HUGE, Im talking the size of a suitcase seriously!!! Im hoping they will let me exchange it!

Heres the Lounge Cover Towels- the quality of these are great! They are nice thick fluffy towels, I only worry about how much room they will take up in the suitcase! And the embroidering is awesome!

DSCN2915.JPG

#4499 Brandy

Brandy
                  • 2,628 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

The Bikini bags, I kind of wish I had gotten these embroidered as well, but I didn't want to go too overboard with it, these are really spacious and can fit quite a few bikinis and swimming trunks in them, and they are lined and everything, with a drawstring closure.

DSCN2919.JPG

#4500 lisadias

lisadias
                    • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

Laura-Love the invitation wording and the poem. I am in the same boat as you. I have owned my home for 6years and would really appreciate the cash more than anything as we are saving to get a new bigger house that suits our needs for a family.

Brandy, those towels and bags are awesome. where did you get them and how much if you care to share?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users