April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#4131 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Teira1031 

So I'm on my way for my dress fitting and alterations!!! Bad news is I'm an idiot and totally forgot my camera

Yay so exciting!! Cant wait to see Teira!

And I got my koozies yesterday and they look great, the color is better than I thought!

I'm glad you got your koozies and that they turned out to be better than you expected!  Yay!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#4132 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

thats so great Erin!!!

My dress should be here any day now I hope!!! Im hoping it will come a week before like the lady at the bridal shop said, that most dresses arrive a week before the date they are given.

#4133 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
      • 1,541 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

That would be great!!! 

We almost had a major problem today at the seamstress..  On of my BMs had gotten measured for her dress and the lady at the shop told her she'd need a size 2.  She didn't want to get a 2 because she wears a size 4 in everything else.  Well, when we had our first fitting the seamstress said she'd have no problem letting it out enough.  So we get there today, and nothing has changed for my BM.  It's so tight around her ribs that she can't breathe very well (which of course is a necessity!).  So the seamstress does a little more work to it while we were there and my BM goes to try it on again.  This time she comes out and says it's tighter than it was before..  So, the seamstress doesn't know WHAT to do.  She said she had only one more option and if that didn't work, it just wasn't going to work for her.  Luckily it did work...or at least my BM said it fit better...  So, hopefully that will still be fine come April when she needs to wear it!

#4134 Brandy

Brandy
        • 2,628 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

Thats crazy Erin! What would they have done if it didnt work out!!!

So heres how the koozies turned out after months and months of waiting!

DSCN2754.JPG

And I finished my luggage tags, hope to send those out with the brochures by the end of this week

#4135 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
          • 1,541 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Brandy, I don't know what we would have done...I guess our only other option would have been to do a rush on a new dress....but then what would we have done with the other one?!  I'm so glad it worked out!!!   I LOVE the koozies!  They look fantastic!!

#4136 Michele4172011

Michele4172011
            • 194 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Brandy, I love your koozies! I think I am going to place an order with Kustom Koozies this week. Perfect to top off the OOT bags. The Christmas Tree shop was a god send for my OOT, almost finished!

#4137 Brandy

Brandy
              • 2,628 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:48 AM

Thanks Erin & Michele! Im just so glad I got them and dont have to worry about them anymore! Onto the next thing!!!!

Wow its been slow on here the last couple of days!

What did everyone check off their list this weekend?

~I pretty much finished my luggage tags, I just need 3 more phone numbers for people and then Im done with mine

~Finally ordered some gifts for my Bridesmaid and my mom and FMIL

I ordered these towels for all three of them

Unique Bridemaids Gifts

and Bikini bags

Personalized Wedding Bikini Bag

#4138 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                • 1,541 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Brandy 

I ordered these towels for all three of them

Unique Bridemaids Gifts

Brandy, where did you find these??

I didn't get a lot done really.  I had my 2nd dress fitting and LOVE my dress.  I have to go back in the middle of March when everything should be done, and I can pick it up.

I did the iron-on's for the OOT Bags. 

I got most of my responses for the menu from our guests, I just need to follow up on that this morning.

#4139 Brandy

Brandy
                  • 2,628 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:16 AM

oooo Erin, do you have pics of your oot bags????

I found those on exclusivelyweddings.com they have all kinds of neat stuff on there for gifts, you can also get these on etsy too, I think they are a little cheaper on etsy, they are $40 on the website I got them off of + $6 to put the names on them, and I believe they are like $25 or so on etsy.

#4140 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                    • 1,541 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:50 AM

I just went to take a picture, since I'm home today....

Here is a picture of the OOT Bags.  They are pretty basic, and I may add something to them, but I will be adding the tags to them (name tags kind of thing) so that will add a little more.

004.JPG

Here is the bag that I made for myself...(I don't think I have shared this).  It was actually a test run on the image and I decided I wanted to change it (to the one above), but I added my other little iron-on's to this one.

007.JPG

Then I also was able to get a picture of the girls flip flops they will be wearing with their dresses....  The dresses are an eggplant color.

002.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users